Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Wilders chin was tested in this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    He proved tonight that his chin isn't glass, that's a good start lol. We might find out more about his punch resistance when he fights someone who will actually land a consistent amount of sharp and heavy punches. Stiverne's punches were rarely ever sharp and barely had any snap on them the entire fight. That comes down to fatigue and the height/reach difference.
    Good points.

Comment

Originally posted by prince of pot View Post
      Alrite homie thats good, what do you think is next for Wilder? Wilder vs Jennings on NBC maybe?
      That would be good. Or Fury. I think him and Fury with the size would be an exciting fight. Two monsters.

Comment

If his chin was glass, he wouldn't have been standing after some of the punches Stiverne landed. He was clearly tired and eating big shots and took them well. His chin was tested and passed.

Comment

I don't think Stiverne landed with any BOMBS, plus he had to punch upwards so that took some power out of his shots and he could see them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
            I do agree he was a bit shaky when caught with some punches, but I do think his chin is strong enough to be a good HW. I was more impressed by his defense at times, even though Bermane was slow.
            Yeah, the way he was able to slip some of those bombs was very impressive, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              That would be good. Or Fury. I think him and Fury with the size would be an exciting fight. Two monsters.
              Hell yeah, i agree. But Wlad might end up getting Fury first. I think the more realistic fight right now is Wilder vs Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                He proved tonight that his chin isn't glass, that's a good start lol. We might find out more about his punch resistance when he fights someone who will actually land a consistent amount of sharp and heavy punches. Stiverne's punches were rarely ever sharp and barely had any snap on them the entire fight. That comes down to fatigue and the height/reach difference.

You also have to consider the amount of leather Stiverne was eating, he may have lasted 12 rounds, but not without a beating. I don't think many guys can take that sort of punishment, leaving a small window of opportunity.

Wilder slowed down because he was throwing some hellacious punches.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  If his chin was glass, he wouldn't have been standing after some of the punches Stiverne landed. He was clearly tired and eating big shots and took them well. His chin was tested and passed.
                  I disagree with you. Although I don't think his chin is glass, and never thought it was. I don't think it was hardly tested in this fight either. Some of the punches Stiverne landed like you said buckled Wilder, like I said. And weren't even flush shots like I said. And weren't being landed often like I said. So I disagree, but appreciate the feedback.

Comment

I didn't even read the post. I read the title. Then I saw the name of the TS and lmao!

Comment

He was tagged a few times and took it well? I don't get why people just assumed he had no chin...Because he has Skinny Legs?

Wilder to his credit did a great job rolling punches and leaning back and avoid them.

Comment

Working...
                      X