• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    Graphics matter. That is a fact.
    No they don't. That is a fact.

You don't play games with your nose, or your balls, you play games with your eyes.
    No, you play them with your hands/fingers.

That means whatever you see matters, that means graphics matters.
    Of course, you have to be able to see the game to play it. Graphics do not matter. Bringer gave solid evidence why that is true.

Immersion is what makes a great game a great game. That is a fact. Graphics are part of immersion, not the whole thing. Difficult to understand, I know
    Immersion is about storyline, music/atmosphere, setting... graphics are way down the list. In fact, not even on the list.

Ever heard of Tetris?

You and your emo buddy Takingaim can have your Game Boy Color and Ataris while you listen to your screamo and punk rock and the rest of the world will keep on playing in the multi billion dollar evolving modern gaming industry.

Next time follow your instincts and post in a thread where people enjoy listening to you cry.

ROFL

Comment

Graphics do matter to a degree, but they're completely pointless if the gameplay is trash. When the N64 came out, we all thought the games were high tech graphics wise but it was still fun because the gameplay was great. Games these days have more realism in them and obviously better graphics, but they mean little to nothing without gameplay imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
        Graphics do matter to a degree, but they're completely pointless if the gameplay is trash. When the N64 came out, we all thought the games were high tech graphics wise but it was still fun because the gameplay was great. Games these days have more realism in them and obviously better graphics, but they mean little to nothing without gameplay imo.
        That's what I mean - for a game to keep you coming back and playing it for hours on end, it needs to have great gameplay, and if it doesn't, it better have a great setting and/or storyline. Graphics are a bonus. They've never been essential for a game to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          That's what I mean - for a game to keep you coming back and playing it for hours on end, it needs to have great gameplay, and if it doesn't, it better have a great setting and/or storyline. Graphics are a bonus. They've never been essential for a game to be great.
          Exactly. Like The Last of Us, for example- a game which had great graphics, but the gameplay/storyline is what took it to another level, and that's what people will ultimately remember it for, meanwhile games like Ashes Cricket 2013 have good graphics but the gameplay is seen as horrendous.

Comment

Exactly. Like The Last of Us, for example- a game which had great graphics, but the gameplay/storyline is what took it to another level, and that's what people will ultimately remember it for, meanwhile games like Ashes Cricket 2013 have good graphics but the gameplay is seen as horrendous.
            I'm glad you brought up the last of us. Graphics were a big part of what made that game special. Do you think the game would have been the same if it had resident evil graphics? Not a fucking chance.

Do you think exploring the abandoned campus or the dark basements, or watching the seasons change would have been the same if it had not been the best looking PS3 game ever made?

What about this scene? Would it have been so memorable if it looked like a n64 or ps2 game?

Gaming at it's best is an artform. If a painting can change the way you see the world, how can the way a game is painted not change the way you play it?
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-21-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you brought up the last of us. Graphics were a big part of what made that game special. Do you think the game would have been the same if it had resident evil graphics? Not a fucking chance.

Do you think exploring the abandoned campus or the dark basements, or watching the seasons change would have been the same if it had not been the best looking PS3 game ever made?

What about this scene? Would it have been so memorable if it looked like a n64 or ps2 game?

Gaming at it's best is an artform. It's the immersion and stimulation of all your senses.
              Comparing The Last of Us which was released on a PS3 to PS2 and N64 isn't really fair since those are 2 generations ago, but even for those times, the games we considered classics had good graphics but the gameplay is really what set them apart. The graphics in The Last of Us were excellent and really helped bring out the textures though, that much is true.

Comment

LMFAO You are one angry fucking Emo. If I made a post about Pancakes and puppies you would still find something to bitch about.
                Probably. But that has more to do with the fact that nearly everything you say is wrong and/or stupid than it has to do with me being angry.

Here's what I said.

1. Graphics matter. That is a fact. You don't play games with your nose, or your balls, you play games with your eyes. That means whatever you see matters, that means graphics matters.
                No. You play games with your hands.

2. Immersion is what makes a great game a great game. That is a fact. Graphics are part of immersion, not the whole thing. Difficult to understand, I know.
                Now you're changing your tune. Originally you said graphics = immersion. That's ******ed and I pointed out why. Now you're saying they're a part of the immersive experience. I can agree with that, but it's only one aspect and it's not nearly as important a pillar as the aspects I previously mentioned. You can have the most beautiful game on earth but if the gameplay is **** and the story blows, who cares? Nobody.

You and your emo buddy Takingaim can have your Game Boy Color and Ataris while you listen to your screamo and punk rock and the rest of the world will keep on playing in the multi billion dollar evolving modern gaming industry.

Next time follow your instincts and post in a thread where people enjoy listening to you cry.

This is all hyperbole. Nothing to respond to here.

Comment

Comparing The Last of Us which was released on a PS3 to PS2 and N64 isn't really fair since those are 2 generations ago, but even for those times, the games we considered classics had good graphics but the gameplay is really what set them apart. The graphics in The Last of Us were excellent and really helped bring out the textures though, that much is true.
                  You don't have to tell me that.

From Kev's thread. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=589649&page=6

1. Final Fantasy 7
                  2. Chrono Trigger
                  3. Super Metroid
                  4. Ocarina of Time
                  5. Shadow of the Colossus
                  6. Super Mario World
                  7. Pokemon Red/Blue
                  8. Dragon Age: Origins
                  9. Super Smash Brothers Melee
                  10. Metal Gear Solid 4
                  At the same time I wouldn't even touch Final Fantasy 7 now, because I know it would ruin how I remember it.

Comment

Definitely gonna get this and TLOU.

Comment

im waiting on the last of us on ps4 n purchase mine, i still dont owned ps4

i havent played the last of us, been waiting for good timing n im glad i did

Comment

Working...
                      X