Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley - "Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez hit about as hard as each other"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    I think he is mincing words in between thudding hard and punches with snap , when he says Floyd has good power he refers to the snap in the same breath , its a different kinda of power , Floyd MUST have some pop or the elite fighters he has faced would run right over him , he hits plenty hard enough for the style of fighter he is .
    I think you touch on a great point there. If mayweather had no power whats to stop guys from just bowling over him. He's able to get respect from his opponents not through his flashy boxing skills, but probably from that fact that his punches leave a mark on his opponent.

Comment

Thats hard to believe, some of ginger's shots were moving shane quite a bit especially the bodyshots.

If i had to bet on it, Floyd probably got him with shots he wasn't expecting.

I say lets do the ortiz test, each gets a 2piece On Ortiz. I bet the Irish kid drops otiz in one punch.

Comment

I'm hoping and praying this fight gets made so Canelo can shut the critics up!

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
          I'm hoping and praying this fight gets made so Canelo can shut the critics up!
          wasn't baldomir in retirement and came out of his retirement for a pay day against alvarez?

Comment

First of all, I like how Mosley admits he was shocked by the knockout. Most other boxers act like they were not surprised at all, which is total BS. Watching the two fight, it looks like Alvarez hits harder than Floyd. I don't know if Shane would lie, but I tend to lean toward what my eyes are telling me.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Canelo hits much harder. Baldimor took a ton of a prime Floyd's punches and never even blinked. Canelo hit Baldimor with one left hook and he was out cold. Canelo usually gets the KO and in his last 10 fights Floyd usually does not. Canelo is a natural 154 pounder and Floyd is really a welterweight. Mosley is getting hit so much lately I don't think he can tell one hard punch from another.
              Floyd broke his hand in the Boldimir fight. (alot of fights he did.)
              4:45

Also floyd is not reckless like that so he doesnt go just for a knock out because just getting the victory is whats important to him.
              Hes a pure boxer

Comment

lmao shane mosley just saving face asusual canelo is a overhyped bum hes gonna get stopped by floyd and i will laugh at those who r quick to change there tune like demarco fans

Comment

Also while were on Baldomir, look at what Jim Lampley said about him being Floyds toughest challenge to date. Funny how now everyone is saying Baldomir was a push over.
                  Start @ :25

Comment

Too late to say:

"inb4 the ATG backyard boxing warriors discredit Shane and say he's taken too many blows to the head. Canelo hits wayy harder from what I've seen on TV!".

?

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                      I think Canelo hits harder but Floyds punches just surprised the **** out of him most of the time in that fight, he looked like he didnt know what happened until a second after he was hit.
                      What shane is saying is not contradicting at all...... Just everyone calm down and think. What made him say that Manny hit super damn hard... It was those angles and the punches he didnt see coming. What about Floyd??? It was that he didnt see the punches coming, but they werent off weird angles...

plus take into account sharp crisp punches hurt. Accuracy hurts as well. With the ginger he lands and he has decent speed but you can basically brace for impact. People are acting like the ginger is knocking out the cottos, and Lara's of the world.... He's not beating martinez now hes fighting small men. Hes fighting much smaller guys, and as someone mentioned, he was catching shane with some good shots but they were much slower and shane saw them coming..

WHAT HURTS ARE THE ONES YOU DONT SEE COMING. Look at mannys destruction at the hands of Marquez.... Manny did not see that punch coming at all And more importantly it was a very, very accurate punch...

Floyd hits hard, but has the skills where he doesnt have to over rely on swarming and engaging often as he's accurate as hell and hes gonna hit you. Thats a fact....

So the reason shane said Manny hit him hard was because the angles didnt allow him to brace for the impact. And they hit him at angles he just has never seen before. Remember hes the one getting hit not you armchair bastards lol

Shane isnt with Golden boy or mayweather promotions, unless some recent developments just happened, so why would he be trying to promote???

Comment

Working...
                      X