No announcement yet.

Boxing must ban head punches in wake of Nick Blackwell incident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    Body shots don't even count according to some fans (like Erislandy Lara's), so how are we gonna score the fights?

brutal? there has never been a life-altering condition or death associated with MMA, boxing can’t say the same, or even eggball

MMA is way safer than boxing, one of the reasons MMA fighters earn peanuts compared to boxers
    One day someone is going to be choked to death in the ufc.

Choking people out is incredibly dangerous and foolish to allow in a sport

Comment

Everyone has an arsehole, I mean an opinion.

Comment

Every man has the right to compete in a sport, if he likes, even if it is dangerous.

I took every shot that I could not avoid, I believe that there was certainly damage left in the wakes. I would not change a thing except for walking away way early from the pros. It is what it is..........

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          We have ringside doctors for a reason. When stuff like this happens they aren't doing their jobs.
          The referee should have stopped the fight round 8. This happens in all combat sports when there's a bad referee and the doctor's not competent.

Comment

I completely agree. I also think bowlers in cricket shouldn't be allowed to bowl over 80mph.

lol

Comment

I personally think that punching should be disallowed altogether and bouts decided by the fighters trading strongly worded notes via the referee.

Comment

Who the fuck is Paul Flynn.

Comment

It would be just like that fight night game online.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                    One day someone is going to be choked to death in the ufc.

Choking people out is incredibly dangerous and foolish to allow in a sport
                    It don't work like in the movies. For someone to get killed via a choke in MMA it'd have to be the stupidest ref in the history of stupid refs involved. A person would lose consciousness first. Then the ref & the fighter choking the other fighter would both need to ignore the fact that this guy was unconscious for a considerable amount of time before they'd be brain dead or suffer damage that could led to death. Its a basically a rule for refs to break chokes quick when a fighter submits or goes lights out. And I've even seen fighters break chokes when they feel the guy go out.

Comment

Working...
                    X