Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Guerrero Captures WBC Gold, Decisions Aydin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROBERT after 15 months from his last fight and moving up 2 div.;well i say he has HOF material so far.....now i want to see what kind of excuses people will find for not give him the CREDIT he deserves;GUERRERO can give JUNIOR a bad night with his style and we don't have to forget his southpaw' stance!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Where are the knuckleheads who said Guerrero R.I.P and Aydin would put him to sleep???!!!
      thats what im talking about hey just got home from the fight i will be the first to say i was wrong about the fight going the distance but i can tell you all the good the bad and the HATERS that was the toughest fight either one had ever fought i gained respect for both guys i will start with aydin i thought he was a jerk the way he carried himself up to the fight disrespect for the media and his opponent but let me tell you this he was on a seek and destroy mission and he has no reverse anyone who has ever been in there knows it is all but impossible to throw power shots every time you throw a punch he was relentless and tough as they come definitely not a bum ok now for guerrero first to all the **** talking HATERS i love it when all the crap you say is on paper i saw the fight live and as soon as i got home watched it on tv it looked alot closer live when you see it in the first round the ghost gets caught with the first of many shots to the liver four of them hard clean shots that you could hear in top row then in the tenth round looked like he might get stopped i saw him get caught to the body and then hard uppercuts it seems to me all the questions have been answerd power heart speed stamina i thought he had an adrenaline dump and the extra weight was to much but if you look half way through the first round he gets hit with a hard body shot that should have sent him to the canvas after that punch he stayed right in front of aydin because when your liver gets hit it takes all your wind wants dreams and desires to all that had any doubt about Robert Guerrero he proved to you me and the world that he is for real and has earned a shot at any and all in the division Mayweather included i call like i see it old school lets dance

Comment

• Originally posted by mjgaz6 View Post
        I thought the fight was very entertaining as was the under card. I had Guerrero winning 115-114. The judges scorecards were a bit disappointing. Guerrero has moxie and technique, but too many punches are just air. His holding in the 12th round was also ridiculous. Calling out Mayweather seems to be the trendy thing to do, but it seems like he is just trying to hit the lottery. No way does he deserve that fight. I'd favor him versus Maidana, call it even versus Alexander, and consider him an underdog versus Kahn. He clearly has no power at 147. I'd like to see him fight either Broner or Rios.
        dude do you really believe your own bull**** i can tell by the things you say you never once in your life been in the ring try to look at it from a fighters stand point oh im sorry you cant do that until you actually have been in a fight look im no max kellerman and i dont claim to be but i do know a little about the sport and never stop learning but those of you who think your Bert Sugar and say this negitive BS please judge that man in the mirror the same as you do the rest of us then lets talk HATE to ARGUE LOVE to FIGHT lets dance

Comment

• the wizard king said it best

Originally posted by mjgaz6 View Post
          I thought the fight was very entertaining as was the under card. I had Guerrero winning 115-114. The judges scorecards were a bit disappointing. Guerrero has moxie and technique, but too many punches are just air. His holding in the 12th round was also ridiculous. Calling out Mayweather seems to be the trendy thing to do, but it seems like he is just trying to hit the lottery. No way does he deserve that fight. I'd favor him versus Maidana, call it even versus Alexander, and consider him an underdog versus Kahn. He clearly has no power at 147. I'd like to see him fight either Broner or Rios.
          mjgaz6 and eddycolon21 thats funny you can tell alot by a name you must be mad because you conjoined twins who shared half a brain and joined at the colon but the sad part is you were born and raised without a mama all you have ever had was two daddys and a chemistry set i call it like i see it lets dance

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
            The Ghost fought a great fight.
            I'd give him the edge over Mayweather if he uses that jab of his and Cotto's blueprint to get May.
            Really??? You guys are wild.

Comment

• That was a great Fight good win for Guerrero

Comment

• That was 1 tough fight. Aydin was a tough cookie.

Comment

• I think The Ghost would be a good opponent for Floyd coming out of jail if he wants a soft touch just to test himself. Other than that I would say it's way too easy of a fight for Floyd, but considering the jail term immediately after a pretty tough fight against Cotto and having to come back down from 154 I think its an acceptable fight. If Floyd had fought him when he was begging before and hadn't ever fought above 135 instead of fighting Cotto I think Floyd would have been lambasted by the media. Anyways excellent comeback win by the Ghost.

Comment

• Originally posted by liuj88 View Post
                    Speaking of Guerrero's wife: as important, emotional, and life-changing as her bout with cancer was, to the point where the melodramatic video about their ordeal seemed to be intentionally made to elicit tears from the audience (not to mention the amateurish let's-make-everyone-cry-again post-fight interview), I think much, much too little attention was given to the DONOR. If Showtime was going to emphasize this part of the fighter's life, they should have given much more credit to the donor than they did.

How often do we see fighter's wives interviewed after a fight? Practically never. Did Mrs. Guerrero make it count? I don't think so. If I remember correctly, not once did she encourage people to be organ/tissue donors.

On top of this, the donor wasn't even invited into the ring after the fight, much less interviewed. If I were the donor, I would've felt underappreciated, maybe even exploited for publicity.

Come on, Showtime, I know your executives have to be cynical to be in this business, but surely you could've shown more appreciation for the donor. All she did was save Mrs. Guerrero's life, after all....
                    Thats what i was saying, I agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddycolon21
                      And Guerrero almost got knocked out and he would've if it weren't for him holding like crazy. But thats what a good fighter does to win his fights... tap the boxer and hold him..
                      Aren't you supposed to do that when your in trouble wait for the right time and take care of business just like he did right after? There is plenty of other fighters that hold jus cause.. I don't see where all the hatred is coming from. I think Robert put on a good performance for being off over a year with a shoulder injury and moving up two weight classes. Bunch of haters! you guys watch and see The Ghost will prove all you haters wrong!

Comment

Working...
                      X