Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tie in the Aussie Rules final?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRL wishes it had the fan base as AFL does. AFL is much better sport and has better management

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
      Nobody outside of Victoria cares about AFL.
      Haha, I like it.

Its funny how different we all are though, even though we love sport.

I watched that game the other day (which was supposedly an incredible game) and could not figure out how anybody could think it was better than a game of League.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        Haha, I like it.

Its funny how different we all are though, even though we love sport.

I watched that game the other day (which was supposedly an incredible game) and could not figure out how anybody could think it was better than a game of League.
        For me, it's the ball handling that turns me off AFL. It just seems so 'scrappy' when compared to the rugby codes. You have a bunch of dudes squabbling over the ball on their hands and knees, like seagulls fighting over a chip.

Still, it's apples and oranges isn't it. What we follow and champion is completely dependent on the environment we grew up in. Doesn't just go for sports either.
        Last edited by Philfy; 09-28-2010, 12:31 AM. Reason: Revised sentence structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
          For me, it's the ball handling that turns me off AFL. It just seems so 'scrappy' when compared to the rugby codes. You have a bunch of dudes squabbling over the ball on their hands and knees, like seagulls fighting over a chip.

Still, it's apples and oranges isn't it. What we follow and champion is completely dependent on the environment we grew up in. Doesn't just go for sports either.
          Your right Philfy
          It's the way you were brought up. If you were brought up in any of the other states I bet you would be an avid AFL fan.
          You see it works both ways. Plenty of AFL fans cannot get into League. They cite lack of ball skills and throwing backwards & guys spending most of the game laying on someone & not letting them up. I myself used to think of it as a game of British bulldog. However I spent 5 years living in Queensland and learnt the rules & nuances of the game & begun to understand & get into it. The lucky thing for me is I can now throw my allegiances & bias out the door & enjoy both great games every weekend every winter.

Comment

Gary Ablett has joined the Gold Coast AFL team for 5 years for more than $9 milllion dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
              Gary Ablett has joined the Gold Coast AFL team for 5 years for more than $9 milllion dollars.
              I didn't think there were million dollar salaries in the AFL

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink
                Well there now is, plus he a amazing player.
                Last edited by ???; 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Best player in the competition. Will probably Captain them.
                  Massive coup to drag him away from Geelong where his father played. But apparently his brother is playing up there and his dad now lives there too. Not to mention he will now be the highest played player in the AFL.

Comment

How much bigger is rugby league than AFL in Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                      How much bigger is rugby league than AFL in Australia?
                      AFL is a fair bit bigger. Does way better in terms of attendances and better (although not to the same extent) in terms of TV audiences. Played in every major capital city.

Comment

Working...
                      X