Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan at a Crossroads as The New Year Begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should fight Brook and call it a day..I don't think he'll win,but if he does fight the winner of Garcia Guerrero..

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
      The problem isn't with Khan.

The problem is with other 'fighters'. They keep on ducking him, even though Khan brings them the most money.

Fighters who have avoided Khan:
      Mayweather
      Pacquiao
      Bradley
      Marquez
      Broner
      Garcia (rematch)
      So your just as delusional as Khan then..

Comment

Khan has gotten bad advice for fights. He had a title shot lined up at 147 with Alexander what 3 years ago? Golden Boy set it up then all a sudden he pulls out the fight a mist rumors that he had a guarantee from haymon to fight Floyd so rather then risk a loss that would kill that fight he took the rest of the year off. He officially signs to Haymon because of that guarantee. Problem is Floyd is unlike any other Haymon fighter he can actually choose who he fights and doesnt. Broner gets upset by Maidana and he fights him instead of Khan. And since then it's been Haymon cherry pick opponent after another while he tries to back into a fight with Floyd and it backfired as now Floyd retired and khan has wasted years in his prime, turned down countless title fights and big money fights hoping for a fight Haymon couldn't deliver.

There is serious cracks in that relationship as his camp openly negotiated a fight with Manny telling the media that they could make that fight without haymons involvement and cut him out the loop. Think back had he just stayed independently signed with Golden Boy he fights and probably beats Alexander for his belt. Same belt that porter won and lost to brook. So he would of kept the belt away from his rival and no doubt he would of been in relevant big fights. Haymon ruined this guy's career and fanbase. Look at his resume all his best fights came before haymon nothing but garbage fights since. His reputation and fanbase has been dragged through the gutter under haymon. Say what you want about khan but he wasn't a coward fought everyone at 140. He only started ducking fights under haymon.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-02-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Not sure what his motivation is anymore, he is rich beyond his wildest dream. He doesn't really need the money anymore, the bigger fighters are not coming towards him anymore. He is like 28? now and i apart from a Brook fight which would be massive over here i dont see any fights that he needs to go for anymore, Unless he goes up against someone li Canelo he doesn't really have anyone out there in terms of the mega fights that he is chasing.

Comment

Nobody's ducking Khan, he just doesn't command enough interest. He's not elite at 147. He hasn't stamped his authority on this division at all. There are plenty of ww fighters out there for him if he's got the b4lls. Brook rips him a new one. End of discussion.

Comment

The problem is with other 'fighters'. They keep on ducking him, even though Khan brings them the most money.

Mayweather
              Pacquiao
              Bradley
              Marquez

Broner
              Garcia (rematch)
              I'd go with the first four, considering JMM and Bradley went on record to say they didnt want to fight Khan and both May/Pac didn't want any of that hard work.

Broner though, hasn't looked like he ducked Khan, he isn't even in the same division.

Garcia v Khan 2 is very likely considering both are at 147lbs but the team just have to put aside egos now.

Comment

He was offered a title shot at 147 in 2013 against Alexander. In 2014 offered a title shot against Brooks, and in 2015 offered a title shot against Bradley. Me turned down all these fights and many more to try and back into a fight with Floyd. He signed with Haymon years ago who has tons of top fighters at 147 and 140 yet during his time signed to Haymon he has fought none of them! Guys are not ducking him he got terrible advice and was promised a Floyd fight and it back fired. Took lesser fights that hurt his reputation to avoid risking a loss that would take him out the floyd sweepstakes.

Comment

Mayweather
                  Pacquiao
                  Bradley
                  Marquez
                  Broner
                  Garcia (rematch)
                  C- trolling.

Comment

It's just an article written by an English Khan fan. The English rate Khan much higher than non UK fans as a rule. Every time Khan doesn't get a big fight with a Mayweather or a Pacquiao it has to be because they are afraid of Khan and no other reason could be possible. Never mind that Khan was KOed by Garcia and lost to Peterson and struggled with Diaz and Algieri. I can't imagine any of these losses and close fights happening to Pacquiao or Mayweather. I haven't seen any fight in Khan's career that would make me think he could give Mayweather or Pacquiao any trouble. After he beat Algieri Khan could have tried to earn the big fight by fighting Garcia, Porter, Peterson, Brook or Thurman. All of those fights could probably have been made since I think they all fight for Haymon. Instead Khan did nothing. Pacquiao and Mayweather never ducked Khan. Khan seems to be ducking all of the best welterweights not named Mayweather or Pacquiao. The guy who wrote the article assumes Khan would beat all the best welterweights but most non UK fans don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      It's just an article written by an English Khan fan. The English rate Khan much higher than non UK fans as a rule. Every time Khan doesn't get a big fight with a Mayweather or a Pacquiao it has to be because they are afraid of Khan and no other reason could be possible. Never mind that Khan was KOed by Garcia and lost to Peterson and struggled with Diaz and Algieri. I can't imagine any of these losses and close fights happening to Pacquiao or Mayweather. I haven't seen any fight in Khan's career that would make me think he could give Mayweather or Pacquiao any trouble. After he beat Algieri Khan could have tried to earn the big fight by fighting Garcia, Porter, Peterson, Brook or Thurman. All of those fights could probably have been made since I think they all fight for Haymon. Instead Khan did nothing. Pacquiao and Mayweather never ducked Khan. Khan seems to be ducking all of the best welterweights not named Mayweather or Pacquiao. The guy who wrote the article assumes Khan would beat all the best welterweights but most non UK fans don't agree.

In all honesty most UK fans are tired of Khans stupid self publicity as well.

His only true fan base is the UK Pakistani taxi cab drivers of Bolton.

Oh, and Box Office of course...

Comment

Working...
                      X