Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashback: RIP, Champ....(took this in July at Las Vegas)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Give me one more round"

Goosebumps

Comment

"Give me one more round"

Goosebumps

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Great quote on Chico's grave.

nice on one liston's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Yes, great quote. I wonder if those were "Chico's" words, or someone else's.
          You didn't watch Corrales vs Casamayor? One of the most controversial endings and Corrales showed a lot of heart as usual :

I get an eerie feeling watching this now that he's dead. It's almost like he's asking for another round in life but he gets denied.
          Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-19-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            nice on one liston's as well.
            For some reason it's the only gravestone quote I can even vaguely remember. Maybe because its so simple. I've seen it mentioned in a couple of sources over the years. The line seems to make a subtle but memorable impact on people. Very interesting to actually see it after having read about it more than once.

Comment

I never even got to see Chico fight live, but he's still one of my favorite fighters.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                You didn't watch Corrales vs Casamayor? One of the most controversial endings and Corrales showed a lot of heart as usual :

I get an eerie feeling watching this now that he's dead. It's almost like he's asking for another round in life but he gets denied.
                Wow, man, thanks. That was great. I'm not sure I saw that fight. I think I would remember it, but my memory just isn't what it used to be.

I get a similar feeling. Normally I would've been glad to see Casamayor get the win, and felt bad for Corrales because of his heart. Now that "Chico's" gone, and seeing his tombstone, that footage is even more poignant.

Comment

time sure does fly fast it seem to me like corrales-castillo 1 was just yesterday...

Comment

Definitely love the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Yes, great quote. I wonder if those were "Chico's" words, or someone else's.

Are Diego and "Sonny" buried in the same cemetery, John?

There appears to be something missing from the Liston plaque. I wonder what it was, and if someone stole it. Some people have a morbid cleptomania. Driving through New Mexico this summer, I stumbled upon Fort Sumner, site of Billy "The Kid's" grave. They have "The Kid's" gravesite caged off, since his gravestone has been stolen a couple of times over the years.
                      I believe they were Chico's words in the Mayweather fight...they are not buried at the same cemetary but they are atually on the same street...what is missing is the vase that I took out so I could get a clear photo...it comes out and goes back in very easily...

Comment

Working...
                      X