Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin interview from 2 weeks ago, quotable gold. Jacobs doesn't deserve fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was all Al Haymon obviously. Peter seemed ecstatic that Jay Z went out there for him the way he did and then all of a sudden he turns down the money and drops his belt. And for what, A fight with Jacobs? I could see if he was gonna fight GGG or something but that won't ever happen unless they come up with $10 million or something crazy for Peter. Al haymon may get his fighters great money for fighting bums but he's killing the sport slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      It was all Al Haymon obviously. Peter seemed ecstatic that Jay Z went out there for him the way he did and then all of a sudden he turns down the money and drops his belt. And for what, A fight with Jacobs? I could see if he was gonna fight GGG or something but that won't ever happen unless they come up with $10 million or something crazy for Peter. Al haymon may get his fighters great money for fighting bums but he's killing the sport slowly.
      Key word....bums.

Like Konency

Comment

Haymon screwed over Quillin. Convinced him to give up his title (the only leverage he ever had), $1.4m and any goodwill he had left with the boxing fans.

And all because Al wanted to control everything and sees fighters as pieces in his power-play. I am sure Haymon is good to his fighters (on a personal level too) but this wasn't the move of an "Adviser". One day Quillin will look back and wonder how the hell he was convinced into making this move.

Comment

That interview tells me that the turning down the fight and dropping the belt was not Quillin's doing, but more of a Showtime/Haymon talking him out of it.

I think the guy is being used as a pawn.
          Last edited by deanrw; 09-06-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            That interview tells me that the turning down the fight and dropping the belt was not Quillin's doing, but more of a Showtime/Haymon talking him out of it.

I think they guy is being used as a pawn.
            That's what it looks like... but he lost a lot for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              That's what it looks like... but he lost a lot for what?
              They will overpay him against Jacobs (parity with Korobov offer or a bit more) to make him happy. Someone promised him a guarantee. The Delay was probably haymon on the phone with Showtime looking for a date and shopping for a venue.

Comment

On the face of it, Haymon has mis-managed Quillin badly.

Comment

good thing this coward retired. don't have to see him fight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    They will overpay him against Jacobs (parity with Korobov offer or a bit more) to make him happy. Someone promised him a guarantee. The Delay was probably haymon on the phone with Showtime looking for a date and shopping for a venue.
                    I honestly can't see it being over a million for either guy.... because that'd make them the main event and I just can't see that unless they stack the card and I don't know who they could stack it with who's free....

Also I don't think Haymon could've done anything with the date, Roc Nation must've known they had a show Nov 1.

I agree with George, this'll be on a Danny Garcia undercard or something... I just can't see it as a main that would get more than what he was offered

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      On the face of it, Haymon has mis-managed Quillin badly.
                      Haymon good for the fighters doe. We'll see it again when Roc Nations wins the Wilder purse bid and holds it the same day, Nov 1

Comment

Working...
                      X