Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC,WBA,WBO, or IBF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the ****k is the Wbc winning the poll? I mean WTF? Do people know what is the WBC?

Comment

Say what you want about sanctioning bodies and their politically based choices but those belts are very important and needed in the sport.

They give good unknown fighters from unknown places attention they would not otherwise get in addition to tv air time they wouldn't get either.

Just look at Martinez, without him fighting for a vacant WBC interim title they would have never put his fight with Bunema on HBO because why should they?

An unknown vs a journeyman?

Because PPL saw him and he had a belt which for unfortunate reasons bumped him up to full championship status later, he was able to get a fight with a higher profile fighter(Pwill) and later a shot at the MW title which we all know went well for him.

Without a vacant interim title this would not have happened at all.

Comment

RING title equates to all titles.. or may be even twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Say what you want about sanctioning bodies and their politically based choices but those belts are very important and needed in the sport.

They give good unknown fighters from unknown places attention they would not otherwise get in addition to tv air time they wouldn't get either.

Just look at Martinez, without him fighting for a vacant WBC interim title they would have never put his fight with Bunema on HBO because why should they?

An unknown vs a journeyman?

Because PPL saw him and he had a belt which for unfortunate reasons bumped him up to full championship status later, he was able to get a fight with a higher profile fighter(Pwill) and later a shot at the MW title which we all know went well for him.

Without a vacant interim title this would not have happened at all.
          i don't think that's true at all. they put martinez on hbo cause they were hearing a lot of buzz about the guy and he was promoted by dibella. the fact that some lame-o title was on the line was just a coincidence. hbo doesn't search title fights and decide then what to put on they search and try to make stars in ortiz and khans case.

Comment

I don't really know or care which is the best.

But generally the WBC is accepted as the most legit because when a fighter earns that belt, they more than likely faught legit competition. Not some unknown dude who beat another unknown dude for a title that was vacated because some old unknown dude decided to retire.

For example: How many people count Floyd's win over Baldomir? Even though it was for like 3 titles. Now how many people count Floyd's win over JLC, which was for the wbc lightweight title?

See what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Lol at the idiots voting for the WBC!!!!!!!!
              that's what I'm saying, WBC is the most corrupt out of all of them. I think people are voting for it because it's probably the most recognizable of the bunch.

Comment

They're all ****, but the WBC belt looks the shiniest

Comment

As much as we dislike the sanctioning bodies, belts are needed. What is a sport without a championship? What we need is 1 uncorrupt sanctioning body. The truth is though, we'll never get it and have to deal with the Big Four forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottoman View Post
                    As much as we dislike the sanctioning bodies, belts are needed. What is a sport without a championship? What we need is 1 uncorrupt sanctioning body. The truth is though, we'll never get it and have to deal with the Big Four forever.
                    The IBO wouldn't be too bad if they had any clout.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      i don't think that's true at all. they put martinez on hbo cause they were hearing a lot of buzz about the guy and he was promoted by dibella. the fact that some lame-o title was on the line was just a coincidence. hbo doesn't search title fights and decide then what to put on they search and try to make stars in ortiz and khans case.
                      No body knew who he was until that fight, think what you want but thats the way I see it.

No vacant title= no Martinez/Bunema on HBO, there would have been no reason for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X