Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer wizards: I need your help on choosing my new laptop.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Boxing Snob View Post
    My only suggestion it to stay away from lower end Acer machines. I have two and have had troubles, what seems like, since the moment the warranty ran out.

****s.

Not you guys....Acer.
    Acer makes Emachines and Gateway right? This gateway has had some very good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
      How does it lag?
      When I'm surfing the web and run itunes in the background and try to switch back and forth it tends to lag a lot. Streaming movies isn't the best, but that could be a combination of my internet speed and the laptop. Who knows though. I'll compare it when I pick up a new laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
        Acer makes Emachines and Gateway right? This gateway has had some very good reviews.
        I really didn't know that Acer made Gateway - Gateway used to be in direct competition with Dell's business division so it makes sense that Acer and Gateway would be related.

I have never heard of any body having problems with actual Gateway PC's/laptops and this is going back to 1999.

Comment

I already know bro...I'm on my girl's Macbook pro right now. It's a decent computer but it lags, and I don't think it should for a $1200 price tag.
          i'm not sure what wrong with her pro but mac's are the greatest and sexiest laptops in the world. Get a mac.

Comment

When I'm surfing the web and run itunes in the background and try to switch back and forth it tends to lag a lot. Streaming movies isn't the best, but that could be a combination of my internet speed and the laptop. Who knows though. I'll compare it when I pick up a new laptop.

I'm sure a lot has to do with her internet speed. Maybe it's flash, if you're playing flash movies.

Flash doesn't play nice with Macs, I personally use a plugin for Safari called Click2Flash: clicktoflash.com/ that helps.

Depending on how old the Macbook is and how much ram is installed will have an impact.

What is her specs?

Comment

WTF? Macbook pro lags, must be old as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                i'm not sure what wrong with her pro but mac's are the greatest and sexiest laptops in the world. Get a mac.
                As much as we don't see eye to eye, I 100% agree.
                Once you go Mac, trust me you never go back.

Apple isn't the richest company in the world for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                  I'm sure a lot has to do with her internet speed. Maybe it's flash, if you're playing flash movies.

Flash doesn't play nice with Macs, I personally use a plugin for Safari called Click2Flash: clicktoflash.com/ that helps.

Depending on how old the Macbook is and how much ram is installed will have an impact.

What is her specs?
                  Not exactly sure. But she bought it last year for $1200.

Comment

Model Name: MacBook Pro
                    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
                    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
                    Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
                    Number Of Processors: 1
                    Total Number Of Cores: 2
                    L2 Cache: 3 MB
                    Memory: 2 GB
                    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Comment

Originally posted by C. BRIGANTE View Post
                      WTF? Macbook pro lags, must be old as hell.
                      Only a year old bro. It doesn't lag all the time, but it does happen occasionally. Its a well made laptop; I just don't think it warrants the $1200 price tag.

Comment

Working...
                      X