Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Wladimir Klitschko or Riddick Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Agreed.

bowe's wins over pinklon thomas, tubbs and seldon are equivalent to wlad's best win. Bowe was a champion when the division was significantly better.

Wlad has defended the title longer. but bowe beat a great chanpion to win the belt.
    You consider Seldon to be that good of a win?

He was KOed by Tye Fields. I realize he was past his best by that time but good fighters don't get KOed early by Tye Fields, even at age 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      did you really just say that? And did you also mention Seldon? You mean Seldon is equivalent to Wlad's best win(s)?
      LOL
      bruce seldon and sam peter are about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        You consider Seldon to be that good of a win?

He was KOed by Tye Fields. I realize he was past his best by that time but good fighters don't get KOed early by Tye Fields, even at age 38.
        No, I consider seldon as good as sam pete, corrie sanders and chris byrd. As you are aware I don't consider wlads resume to be that substantial but he deserves credit for his doimination of the division, no matter how weak I and many, many others believe.

Bowe has the higher quality wins but wlad has the longevity.

Is tye fields any worse than ross purrity?

Comment

bruce seldon and sam peter are about the same.
          No, Peter is somewhat better than Seldon.

He'd get past the first round against a faded Tyson, and he wouldn't get KOed early by Tye Fields.

Peter (especially the 2005 version) is a decent win for Wlad, but not one of his best 3.

Comment

No, I consider seldon as good as sam pete, corrie sanders and chris byrd. As you are aware I don't consider wlads resume to be that substantial but he deserves credit for his doimination of the division, no matter how weak I and many, many others believe.

Bowe has the higher quality wins but wlad has the longevity.

Is tye fields any worse than ross purrity?
            Purrity had a better chin than Tye Fields, he went the distance with punchers like Rahman, Morrison, Sanders.

Have you seen Wlad's fight with Purrity? Wlad dominated the first ten rounds against Purrity but then gassed. It was like Wlad vs. Wach, but with a surprise ending.

Fields KOed Seldon in round 2, if I remember correctly.

Comment

No, Peter is somewhat better than Seldon.

He'd get past the first round against a faded Tyson, and he wouldn't get KOed early by Tye Fields.

Peter (especially the 2005 version) is a decent win for Wlad, but not one of his best 3.
              you are going to elevate every win wlad has but if you ranked wins on a scale of 1-10 wlad has a bunch of 3-7's, maybe byrd is an 8. Bowe has 2 10's, both holyfield wins.

Comment

Purrity had a better chin than Tye Fields, he went the distance with punchers like Rahman, Morrison, Sanders.

Have you seen Wlad's fight with Purrity? Wlad dominated the first ten rounds against Purrity but then gassed. It was like Wlad vs. Wach, but with a surprise ending.

Fields KOed Seldon in round 2, if I remember correctly.
                you can clarify it however you see fit, but to post "but good fighters don't get KOed early by Tye Fields," when wlad got KTFO by ross purrity, whether it be the 10th or the 2nd, is really splitting the tiniest of hairs IMO.

wlad has overcome his ko's and deserves crdit for that. but when you get ko'd by purritty, brewstr, and corrie sanders , that says something about you as a fighter.

Comment

Wlad has had an incredible career. The longevity alone places him above Bowe. He also showed the ability to bounce back when it appeared his career was in ruins. How many fighters have actually truly re-invented themselves like that? Very Few

Bowe when you think about it was a disappointment. He had the skillset to be one of the most dominant heavyweights in history. We all know that he got wore out too early, and mainly because he loved to slug it out even though he did not have too. He did not make the same adjustment that Wlad made to extend his career. He also avoided Lewis purposely which also knocks him down a peg.

Comment

Riddick Bowe at hes peak was better then Wladimir has been on hes best. No doubt. Riddick had a much shorter career so Wlad has a better record all over. But Bowe is def the best of them

Comment

No question, Wladimir Klitschko

Comment

Working...
                      X