douse with ketchup

enjoy

Owe you about 10 green today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            C'mon Bobby Flay. It's just steak.
            Nope nope nope.

Comment

Depends on the style of steak and what your looking to do..

Sirloin- if you wanna use a marinade, this is the steak to do it with IMO

Filet mignon- sear both sides and then slow cook at low temp to finish.. Mix up horseradish and blue cheese and some garlic powder and top the middle of the steak when done

Ribeye or t-bone--- slow cook at low temp.. These don't need much in terms of prep and really nothing fancy.. These are just straight up steaks, usually pretty thick.. Good flavor if cooked medium-ish depending on your taste.. At most I would use some lawry's seasoning salt, or maybe steak sauce

Comment

Honestly you guys ever use italian vinagarette?

Some other salt, pepper, garlic let it sit and then light it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  C'mon Bobby Flay. It's just steak.
                  hey I'll be good with A1 also.

We both ate steaks out of ****ing packets, we'll be fine Pea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                    I suggest you marinate the meat overnight. Here's what to do...

First get a nice container for the meat, preferably a rectangular or square container that has a cover. Place the meat in there. Make sure to also make some cuts into the meat to allow the marinade you will make to make the meat more flavorful.

Next, get a big whole piece of garlic and separate the cloves. Remove the skin from the cloves and crush them using a mortar and pestle. You can also chop the cloves into tiny pieces instead of crushing them but crushing them brings out the juices, and hence, the flavor. Spread the pieces of garlic all over the meat.

Then, get pepper, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Sprinkle lots (don't be shy) of pepper onto the meat. More pepper, the better. Put enough soy sauce to cover the pieces of meat and then add some lemon juice. Don't put too much lemon juice. Add maybe, say, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.

Use your hands and massage the ingredients together all over the meat. You want the flavors of the garlic, pepper, soy sauce, and lemon juice to penetrate the meat. Once you think you have done enough, spread the meat evenly in the container so that they're submerged a little in the marinade, cover the container, and store in the fridge overnight.

The next day, you can grill them, or fry those bad boys in a pan. Enjoy.

You can also try the same process but this time with: pepper, little bit of canola oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and onions. Taste badass also.
                    Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Opinions vary on how you should prepare a steak, so it's really personal preference on how you season or cook it. Chefs will tell you to never marinate it in salt because it dries out the meat, I personally love doing that and find it gets real depth of flavour in the steak.

So personally, I'll marinate the steak with salt and pepper. I'll leave it out until it's room temp. Then Olive oil in the pan and sear for a few minutes on each side, depending on how thick the steak is. I don't believe a steak should go beyond medium but, most importantly, is tenting the steak after cooking. So after you sear it, wrap it in foil for 6-10 minutes. It seals in the juices and cooks it internally. Good luck.
                    Might try these within the next week. Maybe impress the wife, i'll even clean up then fingers crossed be posting an alexkid style thread

I normally fu@k up the cooking part though....google tells you a 100 different ways to cook steak medium rare, i'd rather hear it hear from someone.....tips???

Comment

We have an unofficial "official" steak.

All I know is New England cooks his in a cast iron skillet.

I'll give him credit, the man knows his steak.

Comment

Working...
                      X