Novak Djokovic v Nadal french open discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see Rafa losing it from here...

Comment

Novak skating on ****ing thin ice and nadal is waiting for it at the bottom when it breaks...

Comment

nadal has to win more majors than fed if he wants GOAT status.

i know he has a huge winning record vs fed but he has to surpass him in total major titles for GOAT status.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
          nadal has to win more majors than fed if he wants GOAT status.

i know he has a huge winning record vs fed but he has to surpass him in total major titles for GOAT status.
          This is true. Now, would it matter how he does this?

As in, does he have to win a combination of tournaments (Wimbledon, U.S. open, Australian) to surpass Federer. Or it good enough if he just keeps winning the French Open and surpasses him like that?

At the bare minimum, he has gotten a career Grandslam, winning one of each.

Comment

Rafa's the most mentally tough athlete of all time IMO. His will to win is incredible.

Comment

you guys think nadal can catch federer's all time record 17 grand slams?

Comment

I think his body will break down before he catches Federer. I also think Fed may have one more Wimbledon title left in him.

Comment

Nadal just turned 28, so he now has 28, 29, 30 as his years where he can still win majors, after that I don't see his body holding up. Federer is unlikely to win another Slam. Rafa is pretty much nailed on each year to win the French so those additional 3 titles in the next 3 years will elevate him to equal. And I am almost certain Nadal can win of 9 major opportunities he will get, excluding the French - 9 grand slams non-clay without Rafa not winning at least one? I don't think so.

Comment

Nadal is a cheat, hes a doper, everybody knows this.

Just a matter of time before he gets caught, they call him the lance Armstrong of tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      Nadal just turned 28, so he now has 28, 29, 30 as his years where he can still win majors, after that I don't see his body holding up. Federer is unlikely to win another Slam. Rafa is pretty much nailed on each year to win the French so those additional 3 titles in the next 3 years will elevate him to equal. And I am almost certain Nadal can win of 9 major opportunities he will get, excluding the French - 9 grand slams non-clay without Rafa not winning at least one? I don't think so.
                      Djokovic has the game to win at least one French open. He has beaten Rafa on clay a number of times, it's about how it goes on the day. This year everything was against him, Nadal was the clear favourite. Back in 2011, when Novak was destroying everyone until Federer stopped him in the semis, THAT was the time he could have won it for sure, everything was set for him the weather, the surface was playing better for his game and Nadal was getting spanked by him everywhere that year.

Djokovic is like two years younger than Nadal too, he has more left in him. Wawrinka, Murray, Djokovic will trouble Nadal on Grass/Hard for sure. Federer is only in the equation at Wimbledon/US Open. His body can't last those long rallies on the slow courts. At this point, Federer hasn't got the movement and firepower to consistently stop these guys. I do feel as though, he has one left in him and grass is most suited to his game simply because of how effective his net game/slice is on that surface. Nadal is VERY vulnerable in the first week of Wimbledon, his game does not relate well on the quicker, lower bouncing grass.

Nadal has a chance of overtaking Federer, especially due to how weak the field is at the moment. You have an old Federer, Djokovic, Murray (who hasn't looked the same since his surgery), Wawrinka as pretty much his main competition. The younger talent fail to impress. It was probably at its peak during the end of 2009, beginning of 2010 when we had a still capable Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Del Potro, Davydenko (SCARY FORM), Soderling, Berdych and Tsonga ALL playing some quality tennis.

Comment

Working...
                      X