Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOX Sports "Night of the Heavyweights" RBR and Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a terrible stoppage but normally when a ref waves off a fight that quick the dude is straight unconscious not taking a couple steps back then taking a knee.

Barrett didn't care though so he was hurt, a guy would flip out in that situation if he was alright.

Comment

• Ortiz is primarily a jab left guy but that was enough to smash Barrets onion sniffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
        Wilder would ko every HW that's fought tonight IMO.
        Welp, I'd like to see Deontay versus a guy like Ortiz. It would be a step up.

Comment

• So Caiz was saying Barrett was just taking too much damage, I don't know about that reasoning. He must have been furious that first fight was allowed to go on so long.

Or he like Lou Marret had other places to be

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            So Caiz was saying Barrett was just taking too much damage, I don't know about that reasoning. He must have been furious that first fight was allowed to go on so long.

Or he like Lou Marret had other places to be
            lol I think Caiz thought Monte's nose was broken (I think so, too) in a non-competitive and non-interesting fight. The way Barrett winced and went down to a knee was like a white flag.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              lol I think Caiz thought Monte's nose was broken (I think so, too) in a non-competitive and non-interesting fight. The way Barrett winced and went down to a knee was like a white flag.
              I did think that the way he held his face, normally though the ref wouldn't just call it like that they might let him get up then have the Dr. look at it and at least ask if he wanted to go on.

Barrett didn't complain so he was obviously alright with the stoppage, and if the guy getting stopped is alright with it I don't think much else needs be said.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I did think that the way he held his face, normally though the ref wouldn't just call it like that they might let him get up then have the Dr. look at it and at least ask if he wanted to go on.

Barrett didn't complain so he was obviously alright with the stoppage, and if the guy getting stopped is alright with it I don't think much else needs be said.
                Agreed. Sad to say, but Magomed Abdusalamov's life wouldn't be ruined if the officials in his fight cared a little bit more about the condition of his face. I wonder how much that fight weighs on a ref's mind nowadays. Certainly the ref in the first fight of the evening was unaffected. He let that fight go on while Aguilera got pounded with the merest sliver of hope. Caiz pulled the trigger very quickly, which is unusual, but it seemed just fine to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Agreed. Sad to say, but Magomed Abdusalamov's life wouldn't be ruined if the officials in his fight cared a little bit more about the condition of his face. I wonder how much that fight weighs on a ref's mind nowadays. Certainly the ref in the first fight of the evening was unaffected. He let that fight go on while Aguilera got pounded with the merest sliver of hope. Caiz pulled the trigger very quickly, which is unusual, but it seemed just fine to me.
                  Yea, I was actually thinking that during the first fight because while Braezeale may not be a huge puncher those were big shots from a big man so they have to have some effect, and Aguillera was not even providing that much resistance.

I would rather a guy be quick that late though as the ref really does need to protect the fighters as they are the neutral observer.

Comment

• They should have picked a better opponent for Luis Ortiz.

Ortiz looks like your typical Cuban boxer: southpaw, sharp counterpuncher, doesn't waste punches, uses almost exclusively his left hand.

His next fight will be for the WBA 'Regular' belt vs Povetkin. He has nothing to lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X