Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face Off Cotto - Margarito - Opinions

Very interesting face off.

one of the best I have seen.

I think Margarito comes off a lot better with his willing to die attitude.

Cotto doesn't seem like a natural boxer, doesn't seem to have the same mindset. Thinking about his family and it being only a job.

Cotto seems to have accepted the defeat but I think he belives 100% that Margarito used plaster against him. This could be dangerous for Miguel. If Margarito still has the same pop in his punches as the first time they met then he is going to crumble. Even if he believes his punches are slightly weaker than the first fight he still has to deal with Margarito coming at him relentlessly, something which caused his downfall in their first fight.

I can't wait for this fight. I know both fighters have seen better days but this fight is filled with anger and hate. Both men have a lot to gain and both have a lot to lose.

Cotto
    62.60%
    Margarito
    25.95%
    Even
    11.45%

Margarito would never quit.

Comment

Big Cotto fan here, but even I gotta admit Margarito came off as the real warrior here. He is willing to go to extra lengths that Cotto isn't. He's a straight up G.

Cotto is still great though but as far as this face off goes, Margarito won

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
        Margarito would never quit.
        I'd rather not watch a fighter die in the ring. Margo's got too much heart, which has lead to his right eye being permanantly damaged.
        Last edited by TheKza; 11-13-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Cotto comes off as intelligent, Marg the opposite; pleading ignorance of the wraps and what not. Cotto could have explained it better about not dying in the ring; its not his tactic, if that works for Margarito, fine. But that's just not Cotto. Cotto could have said you do what works for you, I'll do what works for me; even though you beat me, I'll beat you this time and I'm ranked higher than you.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            Cotto comes off as intelligent, Marg the opposite; pleading ignorance of the wraps and what not. Cotto could have explained it better about not dying in the ring; its not his tactic, if that works for Margarito, fine. But that's just not Cotto. Cotto could have said you do what works for you, I'll do what works for me; even though you beat me, I'll beat you this time and I'm ranked higher than you.

I agree with Diesel...Marg seemed a bit shook being confronted with that pic, and wouldn't even acknowledge the crack in the wrap. Cotto was calm and seemed totaly confident.

Comment

Everyone does realize if Cotto or Margarito wins this fight it doesn't prove Margarito cheated or not? As far as I'm concerned this is a whole new fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                Everyone does realize if Cotto or Margarito wins this fight it doesn't prove Margarito cheated or not? As far as I'm concerned this is a whole new fight.

Same here. One thing i wonder though, how Margo must feel about their wraps being locked away, only to be opened on fight night in their dressing rooms, which i bet will be very closely monitored.

I don't mean that as insincere or disrespectful, either. I know i wouldn't feel too good about it.

Comment

Cotto was the Cerebral assasin presenting Marg with the that pic..

Margarito was shook for a min or two even to the point of confusing them with the Mosley wraps.

That was calculated man! ending with Marg willing to go the extra mile was insane as well. definately one of the best face offs I've seen...

Comment

Cotto seems like such a cool dude. Hope he wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X