Bob Arum and HBO make boxing great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
    Bob Arum is a corrupt piece of ****.

Bob's track record speaks for itself. Floyd is the corrupt piece of ****. I am glad he is almost out of boxing. He is a control freak and messed up the promotion for this fight by taking MONTHS to sign his death certificate. He is ignorant and have no idea how to promote a big fight, such as this. The commercial for the fight sucks, The whole no 24/7 no All Access sucks, the lack of promotional tour adds a least 2 more million onto the total PPV buys. Yet another example of him thinking he's smarter than what he is.
    Last edited by GOD-FR33; 04-19-2015, 01:14 PM. Reason: missng words.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      No it's the other way around, Showtime get taken for mugs by Haymon and HBO aren't having any more of it

HBO puts on great stylistic matches and provide top quality entertainment and 24/7 is awesome.

It should be their way or the highway you turnip, they lose money if they get mugged off by Haymon like Showtime are, HBO were having none of Haymon's garbage with Berto and they gave that wannabe bidnessman the middle finger
      HBO fails just as much as everyone else and acts like their **** doesn't stink. That is quintessential HBO, and they aren't that superior.

If you don't get that as being on the HUGE negative side of the boxing equation, you just aren't looking hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        HBO fails just as much as everyone else and acts like their **** doesn't stink. That is quintessential HBO, and they aren't that superior.

If you don't get that as being on the HUGE negative side of the boxing equation, you just aren't looking hard enough.
        U just mad they don't tolerate Haymon's BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          U just mad they don't tolerate Haymon's BS.
          They are an impediment to the sport working better as a whole, it doesn't have to be like that though, but it is hard to expect an ingrained culture like that to ever change.

Why do you care that I see HBO's flaws anyway? Not like it is a big deal or it changes anything, things will be what they will be. Not like I haven't been watching them for a couple decades to come to this conclusion.

Comment

I love what Boom Boom Mancini said

The whole event is a mess, why?

"Because you allow inmates, run the asylum" Referring to TMT promoting the fight

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAidMan View Post
              I love what Boom Boom Mancini said

The whole event is a mess, why?

"Because you allow inmates, run the asylum" Referring to TMT promoting the fight
              Ray Mancini was a hype job and Levinstein Bramble exposed him No Shucking and Jiving needed

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                Bob's track record speaks for itself. Floyd is the corrupt piece of ****. I am glad he is almost out of boxing. He is a control freak and messed up the promotion for this fight by taking MONTHS to sign his death certificate. He is ignorant and have no idea how to promote a big fight, such as this. The commercial for the fight sucks, The whole no 24/7 no All Access sucks, the lack of promotional tour adds a least 2 more million onto the total PPV buys. Yet another example of him thinking he's smarter than what he is.
                Lol at defending Bob Arum who is raping your god

Comment

Arum doesn't believe in putting on good undercards and he lets fights marinate too long. He is excellent, however, in matching up his boxers carefully in order to build them up into stars.

HBO has the best production in the business. But I can't stand how their announcers are blatant cheerleaders for the house fighter that they want to win. Lampley in particular has become horribly biased when calling fights or talking about the state of the sport.

Comment

it felt good to not watch commercials in between rounds

Comment

I've always thought HBO's production is the best in the sport. It really presents itself in a class manner, like you're watching the sport at it's highest level.

HBO also seem to be taking more control of who they'll accept as opponents and seem to hold firm in not getting bullied by fighters or promoters to accept gimme's as they used to.

Unfortunately, their output has decreased and we're lucky to get a show a month from them these days, but they're usually high quality shows (like last night's double header).

Comment

Working...
                      X