Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has UFC officially fallen into the same deathtraps as boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    You can go with that too.

It's still the organization for the sport. WWE or bust in that business field.

Remember WCW? Does that exist anymore?
    WCW had a big time fail. They refused to sell when they had value, then they lost their TV deal, lost all their value, and sold for like a tenth of what they originally asked for.

As for my comparison... I get what you mean now. The UFC is trying to become the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL of the sport. Unfortunately fight sports are not like team sports. Fighters age, fade, and disappear unlike teams.

The UFC operates from the stance that no athlete is bigger than the sport. It's always the organization before the fighters. That's opposite to boxing, but much like pro wrestling.

Comment

What the **** are you talking about man? Cain Veslaquez is no doubt the champ, and Dos Santos has been the #1 contender since last year. Best against the best. And its free on the very first fox. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT! The **** are you smokin cuz I might need some soon when I run out :weedbear:

Comment

TS, you have to understand its all a business strategy on Zuffa's part to detract its MMA competitors like Bellator and yes even boxing. The fact that Velasquez vs Dos Santos falls on the same night as the Pacquiao fight is a good example of what Dana & co are trying to do in terms of garnering a big audience.

Comment

Working...
        X