Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    No one on plannet earth knows what would have happened in the next ten seconds, had victor ortiz continued. It sends chills down my spine even thinking about it.
    The way those cats were knocking each other down left and right, I feel you!!

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
      The way those cats were knocking each other down left and right, I feel you!!
      you see, It's a dark area.

It's a shame Max kellerman didn't have the mental capacity to think objectively after the fight. What an idiot.

Comment

you see, It's a dark area.

It's a shame Max kellerman didn't have the mental capacity to think objectively after the fight. What an idiot.
        I was going for Ortiz in that fight too! His cousin used to go to the same barber shop as me, and Victor came with him a few times (in Denver).

My brother was way more harsh than I was on Victor, but like I said, I respect all fighters...I guess that is why I'm not that hard on most of them, in questionable situations.

Like the Cintron thing. The man had no reason to pull a "Launch Pad Mcquack"...For some reason folks thought he did it on purpose to stop the fight. Now I don't agree with the way he just laid there, but he didn't jump out the ring to stop the fight, or casue "Paul was turning up the heat"...

How that one judge had it 4-0 for Williams, still has me doing this ...

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          I was going for Ortiz in that fight too! His cousin used to go to the same barber shop as me, and Victor came with him a few times (in Denver).

My brother was way more harsh than I was on Victor, but like I said, I respect all fighters...I guess that is why I'm not that hard on most of them, in questionable situations.

Like the Cintron thing. The man had no reason to pull a "Launch Pad Mcquack"...For some reason folks thought he did it on purpose to stop the fight. Now I don't agree with the way he just laid there, but he didn't jump out the ring to stop the fight, or casue "Paul was turning up the heat"...

How that one judge had it 4-0 for Williams, still has me doing this ...
          Even for the cintron one, it was God's will( if you believe). An intresting point to note is that JUST BEFORE he jumped through the ropes Cintron had sent home a crushing right hand to williams jaw that had his knees turning to jelly.

Again no one on plannet earth knows what would have happened if cintron stayed 10 SECONDS longer in the ring.

In thew above scenario, can you really be absolutely positively 100% sure that NONE of the fighters would have sustained permanent damage?

Dwelling on matters like this gives goosebumps.

A classic example of this is Chavez-Meldrik taylor. What happens in the last two seconds?

Again as they say, God works in mysterious ways.
          Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-12-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

its the refs job to guarantee your safety, him being completely incompetent is the reason gerald was injured. letting benn rabbit punch him at will, not checking up on him between rounds like refs usually do in wars. gerald was blinking badly between rounds several rounds before it ended and the ref shouldve seen that, his corner aswell. and ofcourse had he not saved benn in the first round the whole thing wouldnt have happened anyways.

ofcourse it was just a matter of time considering that gerald was injured in the first jackson fight, had the doctors made a brain scan im positive they would have found something. again the corner is to blame for not getting him checked out when he was having seizures in sparring.

the point is as a fighter u put your life in the hands of others, the ref, the doctor and your corner are there to look out for your safety, your job is to fight. there are risks involved in boxing, but u need to accept that when you start.

to be a great fighter u have to battle adversity, imagine if every fighter quit as soon as he got shook up a bit by a punch. if u sat down between rounds thinking "damn my legs feel weak, how many punches have i taken? better stop it before i get hurt" u wouldnt be able to be a fighter. to get in the ring and fight u have to temporarily ignore the risks of the sport, if you are going in there thinking about how many punches u can take without dying u will not be mentally prepared and will fight far beneath your potential. its the doctors and referees job to handle that, they failed. that doesnt permit all fighters to fail their job of going in there and giving their all.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              its the refs job to guarantee your safety, him being completely incompetent is the reason gerald was injured. letting benn rabbit punch him at will, not checking up on him between rounds like refs usually do in wars. gerald was blinking badly between rounds several rounds before it ended and the ref shouldve seen that, his corner aswell. and ofcourse had he not saved benn in the first round the whole thing wouldnt have happened anyways.

ofcourse it was just a matter of time considering that gerald was injured in the first jackson fight, had the doctors made a brain scan im positive they would have found something. again the corner is to blame for not getting him checked out when he was having seizures in sparring.

the point is as a fighter u put your life in the hands of others, the ref, the doctor and your corner are there to look out for your safety, your job is to fight. there are risks involved in boxing, but u need to accept that when you start.

to be a great fighter u have to battle adversity, imagine if every fighter quit as soon as he got shook up a bit by a punch. if u sat down between rounds thinking "damn my legs feel weak, how many punches have i taken? better stop it before i get hurt" u wouldnt be able to be a fighter. to get in the ring and fight u have to temporarily ignore the risks of the sport, if you are going in there thinking about how many punches u can take without dying u will not be mentally prepared and will fight far beneath your potential. its the doctors and referees job to handle that, they failed. that doesnt permit all fighters to fail their job of going in there and giving their all.
              A very good post. I didn't think of that. green K sent.

Comment

bumped.....................

Comment

bumped...........................

Comment

bumped...........................
                    Be careful bumping.....BPP's been known to ban for that too :timeout9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Be careful bumping.....BPP's been known to ban for that too :timeout9:

Poet
                      How do I check whether he is active?

Comment

Working...
                      X