Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very confused starting boxer! (help needed please)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
    Can you even read? The OP himself said he feels more comfortable in the southpaw stance.

I used those three purely as an example to show that your stronger hand doesn't necessarily have to dictate which stance you use.
    you seem to be disillusioned by the members state of confusion,i a merely stating that the member if he decides to try the stance then the member will have to change a lot of the other parts of the configuration of the fighting style,you do not see to understand what the confusion is all about,i suggest you reread the entire posts before submitting a response as your seem to be some what confusing unusual responses

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
      you seem to be disillusioned by the members state of confusion,i a merely stating that the member if he decides to try the stance then the member will have to change a lot of the other parts of the configuration of the fighting style,you do not see to understand what the confusion is all about,i suggest you reread the entire posts before submitting a response as your seem to be some what confusing unusual responses
      What the **** are you talking about? Seriously, just stop posting in this forum please, you write nothing but ****. I'm not sure whether you're a troll or a ******, but either way you're in no position to be offering advice to anyone.

The part of your quote that I bolded is nonsense. The OP said that he naturally stands southpaw, therefore he wouldn't need to change anything because he's already used to it.

To keep things simple so that you can understand, mrboxer, here is a quote from the original post:

Originally posted by Chris180Z View Post
      tl;dr, I am right handed (power hand) yet naturally stand southpaw, what to do? can I make it work, or better to learn orthodox?
      And my response to this is: perhaps try out the orthodox stance for a few weeks to see if you can adjust and feel comfortable. If not, just fight southpaw. There's nothing wrong with that, many boxers use their stronger hand as their lead hand (Hagler, Tyson, Winky, Dawson, Kessler to name some more).

Comment

If you feel more comfortable as a southpaw, do it.

There are several advantages to being a southpaw, particuarly a right handed one.....

Because the way most guys fight southpaws, is circling away from the left towards the southpaws right hand. Against you, they will be moving right towards your strongest punch, your right hook. Guys will have a hard time against you, they will come out fighting the traditonal way vs a southpaw, and they will need to competely reset tactics.

If you have some natural speed, or develop some power too, you could be one hell of a dangerous fighter.

If it feels right, you can definitely make it work, and there is several advantages to it.

Comment

De la hoya, Tyson, barrera, herol Graham, Juan Manuel Lopez, Paul spadafora, Marvin hagler, Chad Dawson, vasyl lomachenko, and a whole list of others fight this way. Mrboxer says that only because they're veterans they fight this way? WTF is he talking about? Anyone who goes against this is disillusioned and fails to think for themselves and only accepts what goes by the book. I don't know if he's trolling, or more likely a computer jockey but his posts have a condesending air about it as if his word is the final say. Icould care less about your rebuttal to this. He will lose balance, have problems, must work harder. Sure everyone has to work hard regardless of stance. WTF does that have to do with how a person feels more naturally comfortable? to the OP disregard the naysayers and build yourself up like you would have to do ANYWAY. If you feel comfortable and perform better in sparring (since you're starting) then that's all that matters. As for one handed fighter. People that are orthodox and right handed can be one handed fighters as well so what's the point of the statement? Either way you have to develop your weak side and either way you have to learn to use BOTH hands. Do your thing, and learn the stance you feel most comfortable in during spars or fights, period. In the end, it's how you perform during actual fights anyway. Just let your coach know what you are (right handed southpaw) and that you need extra work on your left in technique and physically. Simple.

Comment

if ur tryin to take boxing seriously id suggest u switch to the orthadox stance that way u wont become a one handed fighter like oscar de la hoya. if ur just boxing for fun and to learn some self defense do whatever feels right.

Comment

see orthodox has alot of advantages.

your left arm is naturally going to be used less thus it has more fast twitch muscles allowing for a much faster jab.

your right arm that you use more oftenly , along with the rest of that side of the body is going to be heavier allowing for more weight swing. if the heavier side of your body is in front you lose all your right power from the swing and the lighter less used left side has no where near the power of a of a right hand thrown by a right handed person in orthdox stance.

on top of that your dominat hand will allways be a better blocking hand so your dominat hand should allways be at your jaw while your jabbing with the other.

"The OP said that he naturally stands southpaw, therefore he wouldn't need to change anything because he's already used to it."

operative word STANDS. hes a starting boxer saying he stands comfortable. what else has he tried south paw? dipping weaving blocking guarding countering stepping punching?

doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                see orthodox has alot of advantages.

your left arm is naturally going to be used less thus it has more fast twitch muscles allowing for a much faster jab.

your right arm that you use more oftenly , along with the rest of that side of the body is going to be heavier allowing for more weight swing. if the heavier side of your body is in front you lose all your right power from the swing and the lighter less used left side has no where near the power of a of a right hand thrown by a right handed person in orthdox stance.

on top of that your dominat hand will allways be a better blocking hand so your dominat hand should allways be at your jaw while your jabbing with the other.

"The OP said that he naturally stands southpaw, therefore he wouldn't need to change anything because he's already used to it."

operative word STANDS. hes a starting boxer saying he stands comfortable. what else has he tried south paw? dipping weaving blocking guarding countering stepping punching?

doubt it.
                This ^^^^^

Comment

welcome to boxing son nothing is comfortable wait till you start slipping rolling ducking all this will feel uncomfortable

Comment

Working...
                  X