No announcement yet.

Kurt Cobain appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    If Iggy Pop can sell car insurance, Henry Rollins become a hollywood actor, Johnny Rotten be on a reality tv show and Chris Cornell make techno music, then Cobain doing some trip hop is doable.

He would of moved on from guitar rock definitely. For a while at least. And made some terrible music like all greats do.
    I'm not allowed to send you green K yet...

Comment

There would have definitely been some awful poetry book published, I can tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post
        I don't know if I buy that theory, because Kurt was an absolute un-artistic mess at the end. Nirvana was the antithesis of Foo Fighters though. Nirvana=Kurt for the most part, and he was way too ornery and unstable for it to exist and put out bad albums like Grohl has, who is a laid back cool guy. Kurt was a dick, and was gonna probably break up the band anyways if he didn't off himself.
        I agree, Kurt's personal and professional life was a mess and Nirvana might have ended even before his life did. Like i said it, they were just rumors and hearsay, like maybe Kurt saying 'I'm thinking about trying this for the next album," but it's not like he laid out a blueprint for the band's future, or is own for that matter.

It's just interesting to think about if Cobain didn't die and Nirvana had at least one more album written. Could have been acoustic, experimental noise, In Utero II, or just plain ****.

Comment

Their unplugged show was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Dave Grohl never wrote for Nirvana. Nirvana died when Kurt did. And In Utero was their best album.
            'Marigold' was written by Dave, that was an In Utero b-side, so technically he did write for Nirvana.

Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 11-16-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              A little while before he shot himself he told an interviewer that for the first time in his career he had no new material, so his next work would be something completely fresh and new... i believe he would have either gone a more folky acoustic solo project like Rudyo said or made an experimental droney noisey album.

I could have also seen him become a producer later on on his own record label.

And collaborations. Lots of collaborations.
              i think he probably would have gone the mark lanegan route.

Comment

Kurt was my "god" when i was 17

Comment

pixies or nirvana

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
                    pixies or nirvana
                    both ......

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                      both ......
                      u said kurts your god when youre 17, how old are you know