Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the WBC make Wladimir K. the mandatory the way they did Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't the WBC make Wladimir K. the mandatory the way they did Kovalev?

From watching Wilder's All Access and some other interviews, he is subtly giving us a hint that he has no intention on fighting Wlad.

If this is WBC's new policy, to put the #1 guy of the division as mandatory to their Title (i.e. Kovalev to Stevenson's WBC) then why don't they do the same with Wlad?

What's the difference? It's the same scenario:

Kovalev (WBA, IBF, WBO Champ at 175) ----> Wlad (WBA, IBF, WBO Champ at Heavyweight)

I don't think Kovalev was the #1, he was given a diamond or silver belt or something which made him mandatory. I believe Isaac Chilemba or Alvarez was the #1.

K2 and Main Events lobbied for those mandatory spots, maybe Wlad should get K2 to put the squeeze on if he wants the fight.

Comment

Don't think he wants it.

Comment

He will be. There was an agreement in place that Stiverne would fight Wilder and Povetkin/Perez.

I'm pretty sure they will force Wilder/Povetkin to face Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I don't think Kovalev was the #1, he was given a diamond or silver belt or something which made him mandatory. I believe Isaac Chilemba or Alvarez was the #1.

K2 and Main Events lobbied for those mandatory spots, maybe Wlad should get K2 to put the squeeze on if he wants the fight.
          Yea this. Wbc gave interm or diamond belts to force fights

Comment

Sanctioning bodies don't rank champions from different orgs.

Comment

Working...
            X