Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Eagle Tries Snatching A Kid? Real or Fake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm assuming the child wasn't seriously hurt due to the heavy coat he was wearing, which probably served as protective gear from the eagle's talons.

Birds of prey snatch up small dogs and large cats all the time. Even in Africa it's been reported that certain species have been known to attempt to take off with infants and toddlers, so I really doubt this is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      What does the crushing force of an Eagle have to do with it's ability to fly away with the weight of a small child. You're saying it's fake because the boy wasn't cut to shreds by the bird's talons?
      It's CGI. I can't believe people are so gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
        It's CGI. I can't believe people are so gullible.
        And you'd know this, how?

Because of your extensive amount of training out in the real world observing birds of prey?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Because of your extensive amount of training out in the real world observing birds of prey?

Want to bet on it?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

NE nature thinks it's real. we've got bald eagles, hawks, buzzards, and osprey (fishing eagles.) i worked as a kayaking guide from 14 through my early years in college. i seen em. no expert, but i've seen them a good deal.

here's an osprey.

i can't be sure, but it looks real to me. the circumstances are what cause me to believe it is fake. it's not standard bird of prey activity. you rarely see those bastards kill stuff. i have seen osprey with fish in hand, though. they turn them into the wind. classic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
              Want to bet on it?
              We talking real money here, or fake ass "worth nothing" internet points?

Comment

Comment

OK... someone on YouTube mentioned there was no shadow for the child.

The reaction from the person filming sounds bogus.

And i don't think anyone is even questioning that the Eagle has the strength to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    OK... someone on YouTube mentioned there was no shadow for the child.

The reaction from the person filming sounds bogus.

that's what always throws up a flag in these videos. the people suck at acting.

still, this guy sounds like he could just be a dumbass. i don't think that's how a normal person act, but some people are slight, and wouldn't recognize what was going on. i would freak out if an eagle tried to kill a baby in front of me. i would freak the hell out. the eagle wants to eat a human.

i'd probably call animal control and they'd probably have somebody take it out with some birdshot.
                    Last edited by New England; 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

we've got hawks here that carry away medium sized dogs. that's in a major metropolis.

I could see how that'd be real. i am going to have to watch it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X