Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If both Klitchkos retired today, would there be a dominant heavyweight Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If both Klitchkos retired today, would there be a dominant heavyweight Champ?

Would there be 1 fully recognized champ, if so who would it be? Or would we have a bunch of alphabet title holders?

If Vitali would fight Haye we'd have a new WBC champion right now

Comment

if they retired would anyone outside of their fanbase actually notice?

Comment

Probably not. I just don't see anyone who would be able to dominate the division way they did.
        After they retire people will start to give them deserved credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Probably not. I just don't see anyone who would be able to dominate the division way they did.
          People have already started to give Wladimir deserved credit if you haven't noticed......

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            People have already started to give Wladimir deserved credit if you haven't noticed......
            Not many.. It's enough to read the last 4-5 threads on this forum about Klitschkos.
            You can't say anything positive without the following post contains Sanders/Brewster/glass chin and so on...
            Last edited by Simurgh; 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
              Would there be 1 fully recognized champ, if so who would it be? Or would we have a bunch of alphabet title holders?
              Deontay Wilder and that's if they continue to feed him the Night Train drinking bums. Just joking, No ! cause everyone will become a Duck Master

Comment

i think if they retired a heavyweight tournament would be suitable for sport,depending on which promoters were willing to work with each other and also what sanc body would put their belts up for grabs too.it would give some of the lesser guys from the division who only really get exposure in their own country decent exposure and world wide recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                  If Vitali would fight Haye we'd have a new WBC champion right now
                  What he said.
                  Then Wlad kills Haye again and we would have a unified champ, finally

I dont think we will see a unified champ in a long time, I have a feeling Wlad with his belts will be one of the last we see because there are just too many belts and agendas once you have a plastic strap

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post

There's only so much credit you can give them, i'm afraid.

Vitali, as it stands, will be remembered for losing to Lennox Lewis.

Wladimir for beating a blown-up cruiserweight.

It's not their fault the division isn't stacked, but they'll never go down as top 10 ATGs; not unless Wladimir beats all of the up-coming contenders.

Vitali is nowhere near the top 10, IMO. His resume is absolute trash - again, not entirely his fault, but he did take a four-year break.

I don't doubt that they're both EXCELLENT boxers; but boxing fans of the future will judge them according to their resumes.

Comment

Working...
                    X