No announcement yet.

Martinez fight impossible, Khan not ready - Floyd Snr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez fight impossible, Khan not ready - Floyd Snr

Floyd Mayweather Snr believes Amir Khan has a chance of fighting his son next year - but has ruled out bouts against Sergio Martinez and Manny Pacquiao.

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has put the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on hold for May 5, and it was expected he would face Pacquiao on that date. However, Pacquiao now looks set for a rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez after their controversial meeting last weekend, which Pacquiao won on a widely-disputed points decision.

So Mayweather Jnr, the WBC welterweight champion, is looking for an opponent if he decides to fulfil the May date. Victor Ortiz, Timothy Bradley, Amir Khan and Sergio Martinez are the names that have been mentioned - and while Mayweather Snr can see merit in the first three, he feels middleweight champion Martinez should off limits.

Asked about Martinez, Mayweather Snr told **********.com: "No, man. That's crazy. Not that Little Floyd couldn't beat him, but Little Floyd ain't [as] big as you guys think he is. Little Floyd walks around at about 152 or 153 pounds [147 is the welterweight limit]. He's not a big welterweight. Even myself, when I was fighting at welterweight, I had to take off 15 pounds to make weight.

"There's a lot of guys that Little Floyd can fight. He can fight Timothy Bradley. Timothy Bradley said he wanted to fight. He can fight Amir Khan. Amir Khan said he can whoop Little Floyd, but you know what Amir Khan ain't ready for him."

On Pacquiao, he said: "The fans can forget about it. The fans can forget about it now. The only chance that the fans can see this fight is if Pacquiao wants to take that money, and get what he has coming to him. He didn't even drop Marquez. He didn't even come close to dropping him. As a matter of fact, Marquez made him miss almost everything."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/121852.html

Every time I see him say 'little Floyd' I think of his son's quote - 'and I ain't no fcuking Jr neither'...

Looks as if it's Khan and Bradley in Mayweather's sights. I still think he'll go for Berto if he wins his rematch.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 11-17-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

How about Lara?

Comment

Marquez deserves pacquia rematch - yes
        Khan not ready - yes
        Bradley - is a bum looking for a payday
        Martinez - too big and would be drained

hummm..

Floyd v Pacquiao may 2012

Then pacquiao can retire late 2012 after a marquez rematch

with Khan fighting Floyd late 2012 also....

(Khan will probaly have beaten Bradley early 2012 @ 140 by this point also)

Comment

lol sr making escuses for lil floydie ducking the top p4p fighters !!!!!

" he cant fight sergio because hes too big "

manny has been fighting bigger fighters for yrs !!!!! you never hear manny talking about another fighter is too big !!!!

"amir kunt wants to fight but he isnt ready"

amir is a biitch ass backstabber but hes just as ready as victor ortiz !!! if you guys can fight victor you can fight kunt end of story !!!!

"manny fight aint happenming because he didnt drop marquez"

so effing what !!!!!! styles make fights and the only reason marquez didnt get dropped is because he has a fimilararity with mannys style thats it !!!! nad he still lost 116 - 112 LMAO
          Last edited by treason1; 11-17-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
            Marquez deserves pacquia rematch - yes
            Khan not ready - yes
            Bradley - is a bum looking for a payday
            Martinez - too big and would be drained

hummm..

Floyd v Pacquiao may 2012

Then pacquiao can retire late 2012 after a marquez rematch

with Khan fighting Floyd late 2012 also....

(Khan will probaly have beaten Bradley early 2012 @ 140 by this point also)
            Do you even watch boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
              Do you even watch boxing?
              Um, 2 weeks ago you and other Floyd fans were criticizing the crap out of Pac supposedly having a Bradley fight lined up...now he's legit for Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Um, 2 weeks ago you and other Floyd fans were criticizing the crap out of Pac supposedly having a Bradley fight lined up...now he's legit for Floyd?
                He isn't legit for Floyd.

I will be most displeased if he fights Berto, Bradley or Ortiz again.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post

manny has been fighting bigger fighters for yrs !!!!! you never hear manny talking about another fighter is too big !!!!
                  manny said yuri foreman was too big

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post

"amir kunt wants to fight but he isnt ready"

amir is a biitch ass backstabber but hes just as ready as victor ortiz !!! if you guys can fight victor you can fight kunt end of story !!!!

"manny fight aint happenming because he didnt drop marquez"

so effing what !!!!!! styles make fights and the only reason marquez didnt get dropped is because he has a fimilararity with mannys style thats it !!!! nad he still lost 116 - 112 LMAO
                    you believe the hype way too much. Go back and look at his career weight for weight. Aint no one in boxing been the smaller man in the ring more than Floyd. Dont give me that Pac stuff. Floyd was at LW coming into the ring at 138 pounds, at SLW he came in at 143, for WW he comes in at 148. Pac was at SFW coming into the ring at 143 pounds. Look it up

Comment

Working...
                    X