No announcement yet.

IF Haye Beat Wlad, and Vitali Beat Haye, Where Would You Rank Vitali All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
    I am so sorry for you that heavyweight boxing doesn't look like the Rocky movie...

...but you have no proof that chubbiness (what you call "out of shape") actually decreases your chances.

Heavyweight boxing is not body-building.

It might very well be that chubbyness INCREASES your chances at heavyweight as is hinted by the fact that several greats have been chubby AND that the Klitschkos had the most problems with chubby fighters.

It was athletic Foreman who gassed, not chubby Foreman and it was athletic Clay who got viciously knocked down, not chubby Ali.

It is chubby Valuev who is unKOed, and it is more athletic Wlad who gassed/was KOed more than (less athletic) Vitali.

You have utterly no proof that chubby boxers perform worse at heavyweight than athletic boxers. It might very well be that it's chubby boxers who are the better heavyweights (chubby+trained) than athletic boxers.

With the exception of some tall ATGs and Mike Tyson ("freak of nature") athleticism might be a disadvantage at heavyweight.

Thus Lennox might have won BECAUSE of being what-you-call fat.
    LOL how ******ed are you seriously? Find me all these "chubby" champions so you clearly are a moron if you can't see how being athletic is a clear advantage.

Comment

If Vitali destroys Solis... Adamek & Avenges Haye's win over Wlad... he's top 10 by default. If wlad GETS KNOCKED OUT by Haye & Vitali wipes the floor with him... he automatically moves ahead Of Wlad in the alltime rankings.. regardless of the slightly inferior resume. If Vitali then knocks out Valuev & puts an end to Holyfield's quest.. top 5 no matter what(number one on my list) Now if Holyfield beats Haye & both Klitschko's in succession.. you're talking the greatest heavyweight of alltime no ifs &'s or butts about it.

Comment

I am so sorry for you that heavyweight boxing doesn't look like the Rocky movie...

...but you have no proof that chubbiness (what you call "out of shape") actually decreases your chances.

It might very well be that chubbyness INCREASES your chances at heavyweight as is hinted by the fact that several greats have been chubby AND that the Klitschkos had the most problems with chubby fighters.

It was athletic Foreman who gassed, not chubby Foreman and it was athletic Clay who got viciously knocked down, not chubby Ali.

It is chubby Valuev who is unKOed, and it is more athletic Wlad who gassed/was KOed more than (less athletic) Vitali.

You have utterly no proof that chubby boxers perform worse at heavyweight than athletic boxers. It might very well be that it's chubby boxers who are the better heavyweights (chubby+trained) than athletic boxers.

With the exception of some tall ATGs and Mike Tyson ("freak of nature") athleticism might be a disadvantage at superheavyweight.

I think what you're saying is that alltime greats can get away with being out of shape brcause there boxing skills are still intact. James Toney is a very good example of this & so is Vitali's upcoming opponent. If you got skills..you'll have them regardless of weight. Lennox Lewis' skills didn't diminish one iota because of 5 extra lbs or so as some would have you believe vs Klitschko.

Boxers who are NOT great to begin with will always lose out in the stamina dept with extra weight. but I hear what you're saying.. Being overweight is Not always a deterrent. Big George is another great example. All in how you roll as a boxer that determines your fate at whatever weight.

Comment

Originally posted by cklmaced View Post
          LOL how ******ed are you seriously?
          Insults, insults, insults.

Originally posted by cklmaced View Post
          Find me all these "chubby" champions so you clearly are a moron

You are one of the worst posters here, cklmaced, and you obviously have not much clue about the champs of the past.

You see, you start to insult, because chubbiness it's your favorite LAME EXCUSE why Vitali is less than Lennox or why this era is bad.

Vitali had no problems to KO Herbie Hide, but he failed against Arreola. Wlad had no problems to KO Eliseo Castillo but it took him much longer against Sam Peter or Eddie Chambers. You simply chose to ignore the points that hint at chubbiness BEING AN ADVANTAGE (= making an opponent MORE DIFFICULT).
          Last edited by hweightblogger; 03-05-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

With the exception of some tall ATGs and Mike Tyson ("freak of nature") athleticism might be a disadvantage at superheavyweight.

I can't believe you wrote that. You think fat fighters have an advantage over in shape ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
              I can't believe you wrote that. You think fat fighters have an advantage over in shape ones?
              Chubby+conditioned (at superheavyweight) IS DEFINITELY dangerous. You have not watched many fights if you think otherwise.

Chubbies hardly ever gass, and chubbies can take punches.

I know that it's one of the favorite devaluations of current-era haters to claim that "This era is bad as witnessed by the chubbies" but the haters have utterly no proof that it's actually true.

As long as the chubby boxer is trained/conditioned it is an advantage against punchers to be fat.
              Last edited by hweightblogger; 03-05-2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Chubby+conditioned (at superheavyweight) IS DEFINITELY dangerous. You have not watched many fights if you think otherwise.

Chubbies hardly ever gass, and chubbies can take punches.

I know that it's one of the favorite devaluations of current-era haters to claim that "This era is bad as witnessed by the chubbies" but the haters have utterly no proof that it's actually true.
                You have proven yourself to be the most ******ed poster i have ever met.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                  You have proven yourself to be the most ******ed poster i have ever met.
                  So nice of you to insult me and insert your favorite smiley.

Unfortunately for you that is only a counter-proof in Rocky Land.

Comment

So nice of you to insult me and insert your favorite smiley.

Unfortunately for you that is only a counter-proof in Rocky Land.
                    You know yourself what you are typing is completely ******ed that's why you are using an alt to do it.

Comment

You are one of the worst posters here, cklmaced, and you obviously have not much clue about the champs of the past.

You see, you start to insult, because chubbiness it's your favorite LAME EXCUSE why Vitali is less then Lennox or why this era is bad.

Vitali had no problems to KO Herbie Hide, but he failed against Arreola. Wlad had no problems to KO Eliseo Castillo but it took him much longer against Sam Peter or Eddie Chambers. You simply chose to ignore the points that hint at chubbiness BEING AN ADVANTAGE (= making an opponent MORE DIFFICULT).
                      So the examples you brought up are still fighters that lost, please find me some of those chubby champions.

Comment

Working...
                      X