No announcement yet.

Tony Took His Soul... Forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
    Hatton has only had one fight which he won convincingly so it is premature to place him in that category.
    Whilst I agree with your general argument I think it is a bit of a stretch to say he won that fight convincingly. He looked pretty ordinary to me against a reasonable but by no means elite fighter.

Comment

The villain in that Taylor-Chavez fight was the ref Richard Green I think it was who stopped in with about 5 seconds to go and Taylor helpless on his feet. If he had given Taylor a standing 8 count the fight would have been over & Taylor the victor. Chavez didn't start tearing into Taylor till the last 2 rounds. True though Taylor was never the same again!
      Tony started wearing down Cotto around the 6th round. I think Cotto will recover!

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
        Had it been a one sided beating then yes since that will mentally **** your confidence up but it was a close fight that I felt Cotto was winning before the 11th round TKO..

Your name is cotto #1 p4p. you will forgive us if we question the objectivity of your scorecard.

Suffice it to say that your scorecard was the minority opinion. At best, people had it 5-5. With the momentum clearly in Tony's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by lum-chate View Post
          The villain in that Taylor-Chavez fight was the ref Richard Green I think it was who stopped in with about 5 seconds to go and Taylor helpless on his feet. If he had given Taylor a standing 8 count the fight would have been over & Taylor the victor. Chavez didn't start tearing into Taylor till the last 2 rounds. True though Taylor was never the same again!
          Tony started wearing down Cotto around the 6th round. I think Cotto will recover!
          Richard GREEN? How long have u been a boxing fan?

Comment

Was it Richard Steele? I think the fight was in the middle 90's, we bought it. We were all for Chavez and had given up hoping! Strange end! Those who bet on Taylor really must have been furious!

Comment

Cotto won't come off as fearsome as he was before this but he ain't done.

Comment

Originally posted by lum-chate View Post
                Was it Richard Steele? I think the fight was in the middle 90's, we bought it. We were all for Chavez and had given up hoping! Strange end! Those who bet on Taylor really must have been furious!
                It was Steele... one of the more famous (and infamous) refs.

Comment

Fight fan since the late 50's when each division usually only had one champ and there weren't mid-divisions, only 126, 135, 147, 160, 175 & heavyweight. I think that was the heyday of Boxing!

Comment

Talking about never recovering, Steele was given a rough time in his next few bouts as a ref & then kinda faded from the scene.

Comment

OK, I didn't want imply he was dominating, I had him ahead 6 rounds to 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X