Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter vs Paulie Malignaggi eyed for April 19th. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Porter vs Paulie Malignaggi eyed for April 19th. Who wins?

Sources close to the information have informed us that a potential clash between IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter and former welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi is currently being discussed and could come to fruition in the very near future. In fact, we're told that the bout could end up as the co-main event of the April 19 Showtime card headlined by a title unification between IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins and WBA light heavyweight champion Beibut Shumenov. If not, the fight would like land at the Barclays Center on a later date.

After a career-defining performance against former champion Devon Alexander, Porter will be looking to defend his IBF welterweight title for the first time. Likewise, Malignaggi hopes to keep his positive momentum going after coming off of a dominant victory over former undisputed welterweight champion Zab Judah. The winner of the potential showdown could find themselves in line to unify the title with undefeated pound-for-pound king and WBC welterweight champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather, who faces WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana on May 3.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16270.html
    Paulie Malignaggi
    33.90%
    Shawn Porter
    64.41%
    Draw
    1.69%

Interesting fight,Paulie gone have to use them legs all night

Comment

Not really thrilled about this fight.

Comment

Paulie just dosent do it for me unless you feed him to monsters like Thurman or Maidana.

Comment

mehhhhhhhhh x9999

not the worst match up.. would rather see porter-khan, porter-broner but porter-paulie is a decent fight. ill watch

Comment

Malignaggi by UD.

Comment

i hope not

cuz if Paulie wins somehow

that means Brook will fight a over the hill Paulie and win the title without ever being tested

i prefer porter vs brook, young man vs young man,

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                i hope not

cuz if Paulie wins somehow

that means Brook will fight a over the hill Paulie and win the title without ever being tested

i prefer porter vs brook, young man vs young man,
                If you want Brooks to be tested then tell your boy Khan to shut up and fight him

Comment

Porter..... He can pressure well and roughhouse in the clinch. Pretty Fast too. Decent pop...

In other words... A headache for Paulie

Comment

Porter used to spar Pacquiao, theres nothing paulie brings to the table that Porter cant handle

Comment

Working...
                    X