Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Carwin Ducks VADA Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but he should've stopped fighting after other fighters came in to stop him and were trying to tell him the fight was over and that he won. Still a classic MMA moment and Coleman will always be one of my favorites. Every sport in general needs accurate, reliable drug testing. Like I said, just start a separate league for the people that like watching the drug cheats. I mean, bodybuilding I heard has their regular and their "pure" competition or whatever they call it. Let the other sports do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Yeah, but he should've stopped fighting after other fighters came in to stop him and were trying to tell him the fight was over and that he won. Still a classic MMA moment and Coleman will always be one of my favorites. Every sport in general needs accurate, reliable drug testing. Like I said, just start a separate league for the people that like watching the drug cheats. I mean, bodybuilding I heard has their regular and their "pure" competition or whatever they call it. Let the other sports do that.
      It is pretty condescending and irrelavent to suggest that he should have stopped when told. Yeah, obviously he should have. But that isn't the point. The point I was making was about his high intensity personality. If you had a sit down with him a few days later, and said, hey man, don't you think you should have stopped after some guys told you to settle down? He might've said yes. But we're talking about what was going on at the time, not what a non-hopped up, non-highly emotional Coleman might've done.

And this question about a steroid league, aside from being a reference to something which would be illegal, is really laughable. I know it's often talked about. But it is absolutely unrealistic.

If you want to watch the steroid league though, just watch any form of mainstream sports.

Comment

I'm not saying you were being condescending to me, just to clarify.

Comment

I don't wanna watch a steroid league, but some have suggested they want or don't care if athletes use steroids and I disagree with that. I said they need stricter and more effective testing and if these other guys want roided up athletes, then let them compete separately in their own league. And yeah, it would be laughable, but people would watch it, from the sound of things. Steroids used to be legal anyway.

And what's wrong with someone being expected to follow instructions when told? Other athletes do it. Other fighters have done it. If someone is telling you the fight is over and that you've won, you should stop attacking the other guy, especially when several other officials and even fighters are coming in to stop you. Maybe he couldn't have stopped the first moment he was told, but he should've stopped way sooner than he did. When it takes several people to hold you down in order to stop you from attacking someone after the competition is over, then there's something seriously wrong with that. There were definitely times in Coleman's career when he needed to turn it down a notch and this was one of those cases.

My point is that Coleman should have EVENTUALLY stopped, especially when he was being held down and that's the only point I was trying to make.
          Last edited by Anthony342; 10-21-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I'm not defending those sort of actions of Coleman, just trying to interpret what I think he was going through at the time.

Comment

Also, when was he being "held down"? Go watch the tape again. I think you are blowing things a little bit out of proportion.

Comment

I guess I should've said held back or held against the ropes. And I've seen it and am having trouble finding a high quality video of it on Youtube. So he wasn't pushing refs and fighters aside after the fight was over? And I understand your interpretation. It's just what he did wasn't right, which is why Coleman later apologized about it.

Comment

Working...
                X