Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. To Return on May 5, MGM Grand on Hold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called it last year. This date Cinco de Mayo now let's hope it's either Pacquiao, Martinez, or Khan in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandoernandez View Post
      I just read this on Twitter as well. Didnt Mayweather fight De La Hoya May 5 too? Maybe he fights Pacquiao on May 5 to say two of the biggest fights of his carreer was on May 5. Cinco de Mayo, maybe a Mexican boxer?...
      Unless it's an Ortiz rematch (shudder), what Mexicans are out there at/around 147? Morales? LMAO

Comment

I have a strange feeling this might be it but we will have to see like a week after the Pacquiao/Marquez fight.

Comment

So he has 3 months to pick an opponent, since they would have to announce the fight at least 3 months before the date. We probably won't know until January or February. I think it's going to be Sergio Martinez.

Comment

if its not pacquaio , just ****ing retire you ****ing b1tch....

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
              Come May 5th, it will be the 5 year anniversary of the highest grossing and most bought PPV in history, Mayweather vs De La Hoya. Cinco De Mayo parties and celebrations will be already taking place on this Saturday evening. Pacquiao will be coming off of an action packed win against JMM. Mayweather will be coming off of a win against a young power punching southpaw Victor Ortiz. Both of their PPV's will have had 1.3mill+ buys. HBO's 24/7 will be used for the build up to both of their last fights and will also be used for this mega fight. Golden Boy and Top Rank will come together without dispute and the atmosphere will be perfect to create the biggest bout in history.

Comment

do it for the brothas Floyd, stop makin em look bad

Comment

Every major boxing writer has mentioned that date as a prime fight date. Kevin Iole recently said that Pacquaio would fight Tim Bradley on that date.

This is a very smart move by Floyd. A week and a half before Manny fights, and he secures one of the biggest fight dates of next year. Let's hope this brings us closer to the mega-fight...

Comment

Pacquiao KO's Marquez RD 1

Mayweather walks into the ring WWE or UFC style

Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manny Pacquiao:

Comment

Gotta be against manny,matinez,Khan maybe berto?

Comment

Working...
                      X