No announcement yet.

Amazing how some pro (full time) boxers can only punch on one side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    No one strikes with both hands simultaneously yet. Captain James T. Kirk showed that it is very effective to strike a man with flat palms into both ears at once. Boxing is no longer evolving as it should, or this move would already have been incorporated into the canon of techniques. There is no necessity to keep the palms open. The move will be even more effective as a double punch to both sides of the head at once, compressing the skull between two fists.
    Well, it's been done in MMA, but only on the ground. So I imagine in boxing it can be done with an opponent against the ropes or corner, possibly in the clinch. But I've seen Kazushi Sakuraba and Matt Lindland throw double punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Well, it's been done in MMA, but only on the ground. So I imagine in boxing it can be done with an opponent against the ropes or corner, possibly in the clinch. But I've seen Kazushi Sakuraba and Matt Lindland throw double punches.
      So the sport is still being advanced by evolution! There is another technique not yet seen, but very effective. The boxer grabs his own wrist with his free hand to assist the punch with power. Talk about one punch KO's!

The spinning front fist is another available technique.

An opponent with fast enough footwork can hit his opponent in the face from behind. That is a perfectly legal punch.

Finally, the body-flip punch. Now that punch has some power in it! Imaginre being stiff armed by a man coming out out of a full flip. Rings can be made a little larger to encourage this new technique.

Comment

Ever played Street Fighter 2? There's a character named Balrog that's patterned after Mike Tyson. I remember on the undercard of some fight on PPV in the early '90s, a guy was raring back and doing that same half spin punch that Balrog does. The announcers seemed confused as it left him wide open for a counter punch. Wish I could remember the fight. It's probably on youtube. I remember watching it thinking, hey, he's doing the Balrog punch from Street Fighter 2 haha.

I'm surprised I haven't seen someone try the superman punch in boxing too, where you throw a punch in mid jump. Pernell Whitaker used to do a great behind the back punch when he was in the clinch.

Comment

Speaking of amazing, amazing how Alex Kid keeps getting banned.

Comment

Ever played Street Fighter 2? There's a character named Balrog that's patterned after Mike Tyson. I remember on the undercard of some fight on PPV in the early '90s, a guy was raring back and doing that same half spin punch that Balrog does. The announcers seemed confused as it left him wide open for a counter punch. Wish I could remember the fight. It's probably on youtube. I remember watching it thinking, hey, he's doing the Balrog punch from Street Fighter 2 haha.

I'm surprised I haven't seen someone try the superman punch in boxing too, where you throw a punch in mid jump. Pernell Whitaker used to do a great behind the back punch when he was in the clinch.
            Balrog was originally namd M.Bison ,out of fear of being sued capcom changed the U.S verision . In Japan M.Bison is named Vega .

Street Fighter 1 1986 had a boxer named Mike this was coincidence bc Tyson was not on the scene .

Comment

Oh yeah, heard about that, was called Mike Bison. I just wish I could remember that fight where the guy actually threw that big Balrog punch. He must have been playing that game a lot haha.

Comment

Alex is mighty. His stamina would be unprecedented if not for Juggy, who has a former celebrity girlfriend to assist him. I imagine he lives off her, if she has a nickel left. More likely the poor things dumpster dive after dark, working in tandem.

In the meantime I am left wondering who the fastest one-sided puncher was. His other hand had to be almost useless for punching. Cooney fits pretty well, but so does Frazier. Who had the poorer right hand? They were both awful with it. But at least Frazier was throwing his. Anyone else. Morrison had a poor right, didn't he?

Comment

The boy needs his ears boxed off.

Comment

Speaking of amazing, amazing how Alex Kid keeps getting banned.
                    my accomplishments are stunning

Comment

Stunning is that you never seem to learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X