No announcement yet.

"Daring to Be Great" Has an Expensive Pricetag and it Always Has

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    He was offered 7 million pounds for Brook. Convert that to US.
    what was Brook going to make?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      what was Brook going to make?
      Actually, Hearn just confirmed Khan would've made more than he did vs Alvarez.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...-to-face-brook

Not sure what Brook wouldve made but I doubt he has ever made 7 figures.

The fight didnt materialize earlier this year cuz Brook would've made 2 to 2.5 mil pounds and Hearn felt he deserved more.
      Last edited by Box-Office; 05-10-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Actually, Hearn just confirmed Khan would've made more than he did vs Alvarez.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...-to-face-brook

Not sure what Brook wouldve made but I doubt he has ever made 7 figures.

The fight didnt materialize earlier this year cuz Brook would've made 2 to 2.5 mil pounds and Hearn felt he deserved more.
        so thats about $13.5 mil.

Respectfully, that doesn't make sense. That means Khan took less money for a less winnable fight.

Any idea what the site fee was and how many PPV's this expected to sell in England?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          so when they had the likes of Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, De la Hoya etc on their books?

amazing they would be willing to pay more for these guys than they would for Kovalev or GGG.
          Back then the budget was hundreds of millions of dollars. Tyson was a Showtime fighter but De La Hoya was primarily a PPV fighter and PPVs don't affect the budget.

The budget was cut as boxing became less popular in the United States and they wanted to spend more money on original programming like Game of Thrones to get more subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            crap thread which makes no sense
            Makes perfect, sense your reading comprehension is just crap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              so thats about $13.5 mil.

Respectfully, that doesn't make sense. That means Khan took less money for a less winnable fight.

Any idea what the site fee was and how many PPV's this expected to sell in England?

Yes, but that is credit to Khan factor in his paper chin. Sure you're sick of hearing "daring to be great" by Khan fans but if it isnt that then what is? Khan always said he wanted the big fights and he wasn't kidding when he left similar $ on the table to go up two weights understanding the risk.

People say any WW would do that yet not every WW is worth $13 mil nor do they have the option of making similar $ in a comparatively easier fight.

Well, they feel they can do 80K like Froch Groves if not better so that should give you an idea but personally no Im not sure how much?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Makes perfect, sense your reading comprehension is just crap.
                aww did I hurt your feelings, here

now stfu and get outta my room

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  aww did I hurt your feelings, here

now stfu and get outta my room
                  Lol. You casual fans are adorable. I enjoy your trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    1. It wasn't an illegal amount like Floyd
                    2. Oscar was fighting at a weight where he hadn't fought in over 5 years
                    3. Oscars last fight was around 160 not 147
                    4. Floyd fanboys claim his walk around weight is 150 so why does he need an illegal amount of iv for losing 3 pounds?
                    You dont know the amount Oscar used. USADA wasn't involved for that fight. And Floyd definitely doesn't walk around at 147. He probably walks around at 160

Comment

Bump......

Comment

Working...
                      X