No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david rodriguez wins magazine award after a tough 2012 outside the ring

Undefeated Heavyweight David “Nino’ Rodriguez was awarded "What’s Up" Magazines El Paso’s Best local athlete for 2012. 6’5”, 240-pound undefeated heavyweight ended 2011 by knocking out Journeyman Byron Polley to improve his record to 36-0. Things looked great for El Nino in 2012 until a nearly deadly attack in January outside a Scottsdale, Ariz., restaurant derailed El Paso’s prized fighter almost four months to recover from the knife injuries.

His next fight was scheduled for July 13 against Manny Quezada, but Rodriguez suffered yet another setback. He sustained a serious right knee injury during training in June and is expected to take another four to six months to recover. Nonetheless, El Pasoans love our passionate and outspoken heavyweight who vows to get back in the ring against his toughest opponents yet. His doc expects a full recovery and we expect a huge 2013 from the best local athlete in El Paso.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
      Chagaev has now signed with Sturm Promotions and will appear on the September 1 Geale-Sturm card.

http://www.figosport.de/profiboxen/2...universum.html
      chagaev is still shadowed by his hep antigens i think. he still has issues getting fights outside germany if i am correct & i don't think that has changed so signing with sturm might have a been a decent idea.

Comment

There are reports in the European media that Don King is suing Odlanier Solis, and so Solis will not be in the four fighter eliminator.

Anybody know more about this?

So it looks like it will be Adamek-Walker and (if the reports are accurate) Pulev-Ustinov in the IBF eliminator.

WTF with Don King?
        This tournament is sinking, it's bad. Always problems with this kind of tournament.

Comment

• Tyson should end Adameks career once and for all.

I dont think hes quite ready for Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            By request, I have made a new heavyweight schedule thread and I will update it regularly throughout 2012.

In discussions, rumored, not confirmed, or date TBA:

Alexander Povetkin - Hasim Rahman (waiting for the WBA's ruling - Povetkin may fight Boytsov if he doesn't have to fight Rahman)

Chris Arreola - Bermaine Stiverne (WBC called for purse bid, but I've seen nothing since then)

Riddick Bowe - Andrew Golota III

Richard Towers - Francesco Pianeta

Kubrat Pulev - Alexander Ustinov or Odlanier Solis
            WTF!!....
            Last edited by BostonGuy; 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Not sure if its been mentioned but Deontay Wilder will now be facing Kertson Manswell.

(Hes lost 5 of his last 7)

Comment

• Has there been anything from the rumor mill about this Bowe-Golatta fight? Even the biggest hack of a doctor won't sleep well the night granting Bowe clearance for a license.

Comment

Tyson Fury is reportedly close to signing for a fight with Michael Grant.

Nice! Grant is a very live underdog

Bryant Jennings vs TBA Sept 8th

Comment

• wach\austin should be a decent fight. i see fres oquendo is fighting soon too. interested to see who he fights. fury will have his hands full with michael grant. grant crushed tye fields then was losing to botha before pulling out the victory with a huge knock out. it was the best botha had fought in years. he looked good even at 43 then grant just caught him in the 12th with a huge punch. fury won't push grant around & he will not have size or reach advantage. this is a very dangerous fight for fury but a good one. grant is a B level gatekeeper. he is a nice name to add to the resume.there is no doubt fury can win this fight but he will have to be very careful & not get lazy with his punches or else grant can knock him out with one punch.

Comment

Russian boxing/MMA site www.allboxing.ru is reporting Wladimir-Wach has now been signed.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-08-02_21_50.html
                      Good. I was afraid the Solis rumors were true.

Comment

Working...
                      X