Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Album would you consider the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carrbobandweave View Post
    Listen to N.Y state of mind, Memory lane, or it aint hard to tell. All 3 of those tracks from Illmatic are hip-hop perfection.
    There are tracks on The Infamous that are to that standard.

Comment

Tarts music to my ears but each to their own.

Comment

Illmatic or Ready To Die.

Comment

It's between Illmatic and The Infamous for me.

But I've been listening to The Infamous a lot more lately.

Comment

Illmatic. The World is Yours is a sick track and one of the best ever.

Comment

It has its moments, but 'Infinite' doesn't belong in a class with the others as an album statement - those other albums are the artists' statements of intent, spoken forth in defined, full voice, whereas 'Infinite' is an artist still searching for his. I'd even go as far to say that it's reasonable to call Em's major debut his debut proper as 'Infinite' isn't really like Eminem or his eventual style, he was still at a nascent, malleable stage, not fully formed and not ready to put a serious record out. Even he's said it was like a demo that got pressed. Personally enjoying the record is one thing, but anyone who makes great claims for 'Infinite' as some kind of seminal or defining work (or in a league with these other albums) is a clueless nuthugger.

If switched to 'The Slim Shady LP', then you're talking about an album that can hang with the others on the list.

Where is 'Ironman', BTW? 'Infinite' but no 'Ironman'? Or 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...'? It looks like you're drawing from a specific mid-90's era of emerging hip-hop stars, excepting the Erik B./Rakim, so I'll pardon other omissions.

Of those, I'll give it to 'The Infamous...'.

Comment

I'm surprised INFINITE only got one vote.

Comment

Eric b and Rakim-At the time that was released it was ground breaking, no one out there was rapping like Rakim he was literally 10 years before his time with that album,the other albums listed are great but are not as important to hiphop.

Comment

Originally posted by SILVA View Post
                    I'm surprised INFINITE only got one vote.
                    I'm surprised it got a vote that wasn't from SILVA or slimshandy69.

Tell us why you think 'Infinite' is so great - at least make your own impassioned case for why it stands out to you (not just in this list, but in Em's catalogue).

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
                      It has its moments, but 'Infinite' doesn't belong in a class with the others as an album statement - those other albums are the artists' statements of intent, spoken forth in defined, full voice, whereas 'Infinite' is an artist still searching for his. I'd even go as far to say that it's reasonable to call Em's major debut his debut proper as 'Infinite' isn't really like Eminem or his eventual style, he was still at a nascent, malleable stage, not fully formed and not ready to put a serious record out. Even he's said it was like a demo that got pressed. Personally enjoying the record is one thing, but anyone who makes great claims for 'Infinite' as some kind of seminal or defining work (or in a league with these other albums) is a clueless nuthugger.

If switched to 'The Slim Shady LP', then you're talking about an album that can hang with the others on the list.
                      How about Life stylez of the poor and dangerous or Dr Octogon.

Where is 'Ironman', BTW? 'Infinite' but no 'Ironman'? Or 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...'? It looks like you're drawing from a specific mid-90's era of emerging hip-hop stars, excepting the Erik B./Rakim, so I'll pardon other omissions.

Of those, I'll give it to 'The Infamous...'.
                      I am impressed with your knowledge of hiphop though,as a guy who has been involved with the industry my whole life,you do know your sht.Ironman was great,i will throw an underappreciated album at ya Killa army Silent weapons for quiet wars.

Comment

Working...
                      X