Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody says nothing when Oscar takes a 20 month layoff but when Mayweather.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all this hate on floyd is race related IMO

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
      oscar fought every one the fans wanted to see him fight.... while floyd on the other hand....well......you cant compare a ***** to a real fighter like oscar... sorry. try again.
      Mayweather is the one that will most likely end up as ATG while DLH will only have to settle for HOF.

Not to mention they fought eachother in their 30s(30 and 34). And Mayweather beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        Oh please....nobody knew who Winky was until he fought Mosley which was way back in 2004. So you think Oscar was still in his prime in 2005??

Unlike Mayweather, olympic medalist has cherry picked opponents right from the get go.
        leave it alone pare
        *****s go all out when it's time to defend Floyd :laugh:

Comment

The b*tch ducked Forrest, Wright, a rematch with TITO, Cotto, Margarito (should i go on?) Fought smaller opponants SSM, PBF, PAC and got smoked by all three. hoja could do whatever he wanted and his cheerleaders sucked it up. And loved it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
            The b*tch ducked Forrest, Wright, a rematch with TITO, Cotto, Margarito (should i go on?) Fought smaller opponants SSM, PBF, PAC and got smoked by all three. hoja could do whatever he wanted and his cheerleaders sucked it up. And loved it!!!!
            Tito- Tito wanted the lions share. Couldnt come to a deal. Both fighters fault

Cotto- Too busy wooping ass at 147. Oscar dealwith with **** at 154

Margarito- Fought Mayweather instead. Why not fight the bigger money fight

So gtfoh son

Comment

Oh please....nobody knew who Winky was until he fought Mosley which was way back in 2004. So you think Oscar was still in his prime in 2005??

Unlike Mayweather, olympic medalist has cherry picked opponents right from the get go.
              Your ducking the truth! They were both in the same weightclass, Champions at the same weight class for about 3-4 years and Oscar never wanted the fight. Even in 2007, After Oscar lost to Mayweather and Winky still hadnt lost in like 8 years. They could have made the fight then and Oscar wasnt interested, He preferred the option of fighting Pacquiao because he thought he could beat the smaller man and then continue his career towards more big fights. But it didnt work out as planned.

Comment

During his prime........Oscar ducked nobody.
                This is the difference!!!!

Comment

De La Hoya ducked Winky Wright. That is a fact. And people say Mayweather ducks everyone, It makes me laugh...

A few days ago I watched Mayweather-Judah and after the fight Lampley said "As the p4p#1's popularity and marketibility continue to grow, I'm sure there are several fighters that are watching this and thinking when they want to fight him to make all that money and be a part of that big event. Oscar De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto"

He fought 3 out of 4. You can't have everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                    all this hate on floyd is race related IMO

haha, that is one of the funniest comments i've read in a long time, it's about character, **** talking, and backing up the **** talk, not race.

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                    Tito- Tito wanted the lions share. Couldnt come to a deal. Both fighters fault

Cotto- Too busy wooping ass at 147. Oscar dealwith with **** at 154

Margarito- Fought Mayweather instead. Why not fight the bigger money fight

So gtfoh son

????? did i miss something here??????

also to boot, from reading earlier in this thread, oscar vs wright would've been one of the hardest cards to sell, even for oscar, and you know, winky has turned down more " more than he's worth paydays " than any other non attraction fighter that i've ever seen, probably ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                      De La Hoya ducked Winky Wright. That is a fact. And people say Mayweather ducks everyone, It makes me laugh...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=2006

BoxingScene.com: There was some talk a few months back, regarding Oscar De La Hoya having interest in staging a fight with you. Were there any serious discussions to make the fight or was this something Oscar was putting out there to test the fans' interest in the fight?

Winky Wright: A while back, after I beat Tito (Trinidad). Oscar came up and said that he would fight us. Somebody made a proposal from his camp. They gave us the proposal and we felt that the proposal was not good enough. We turned it down.

Mayweather has a long history of avoiding his division's best.It's laughable that anyone would try to deny this.

Comment

Working...
                      X