No announcement yet.

Mitchell gave me the impression he wasn't that bothered about losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell gave me the impression he wasn't that bothered about losing

I mean Mitchell didn't seem that fazed about it to be honest. After the fight was stopped he went straight over to Kats to gives props but something tells me he knew he wasn't going to win the fight! Mitchell didn't seem surprised or to pissed off about it, he was pretty gracious in defeat. His body language gave me that impression... Anyone else think this?

Same here, in the interview he was acting like it wasnt a big deal at all.

Comment

I saw that too, strange considering he was heading for his biggest payday with a potential fight with either Khan or Marquez.

Back to the drawing board. Lightweight is just too big for him.

Comment

Well reports of him not concentrating enough in camp, so I guess he could of expected it to happen.

Although the best thing to come out of this is the fact that Brook and Cleverly are going to move faster.

Comment

I don't think he went in their knowing he couldn't win. I think he thought he could win and tried to win.

But, also think he is smart enough to know that a lost is not the end of the World and that he is young enough where he could learn from this and comeback better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
            I mean Mitchell didn't seem that fazed about it to be honest. After the fight was stopped he went straight over to Kats to gives props but something tells me he knew he wasn't going to win the fight! Mitchell didn't seem surprised or to pissed off about it, he was pretty gracious in defeat. His body language gave me that impression... Anyone else think this?
            Yeah,I did think that but I just put it down to embarrasment what with it being at Upton Park and all that. I think he was convinced that Katsidis was shot and that he was in for an easy night. The stories about his preparation bear this out,and whilst its facile to make excuses after the event,Jimmy Tibbs isnt the kind of bloke to bull**** anyone,so I believe it.

He looked a bit hesitant at the weigh in,whereas Katsidis looked in great nick and appeared totally confident,maybe thats when he realised he might be in the ****. World title shots dont come around too often if you lose them,so he is going to be kicking himself.

What a fighter Katsidis is though!

Comment

Really disappoined by Mitchell's whole attitude.

Comment

Mitchell's good but he has been poorly handled. If he doesn't leave Frank Warren his career will suffer even more. But I doubt he will ever be on Katsidis's level. He could have been if he was brought up through the ranks properly, but I doubt now that he will be able to reach world level.

Comment

I felt he looked a little nervous in the ring to be honest. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of the kid but people shouldn't give up on him it's only one loss. Even though most people will write a boxer off after one loss these days which is ridiculous.

Comment

I agree,he didnt look intereseted.i was disappointed,as were tibbs and warren

If he was just in there for the payday then shame on him

Comment

Working...
                    X