• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most famous ATHLETES ever......

Muhammad Ali/Babe Ruth

Micheal Jordan

Comment

I'm gonna go with Tyson.

Before I got into boxing, I knew who Tyson was. Didn't know Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post

Muhammad Ali/Babe Ruth

Micheal Jordan
        I'm sorry but 99% of people outside of the US havent heard of Babe Ruth. I have, but I am not typical. No one in Europe knows who he is. No one in Asia [largely] or Africa knows who he is.

Comment

If Muhammad Ali was able to talk he would easily be more famous than Tyson.

Muhammad Ali doesn't need to talk and he's by far more famous than Tyson. Kings, queens, presidents and dictators have all sought his counsel the world over. That says a lot more about a man than "I could sell out Madison Square Garden jerking off".

Comment

Muhammad Ali/Babe Ruth

Micheal Jordan

How about Ali and than Pele.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

How about Ali and than Pele.
              I agree. Pele would be 2nd to Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Who is the most famous of all time? There are a few boxers that everybody seems to know, and it seems like I hear Tyson's name everyday. Whether it be an old episode of fresh prince, a song, reference to him in a movie, or whatever.

Obviously he's my pick, what do you guys think, out of the 5 listed? If other, select that and explain.
                Most famous in their time would be either Jack Dempsey or Muhammad Ali (in the United States). For the entire world it would have to be Ali. Jack Dempsey was far more famous in his time than Tyson or Pacquiao or de la Hoya.

Comment

Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson are the most famous, it's very close. Then you gotta be kidding me, your average joe doesn't know who Joe Louis is. He just knows Oscar Delahoya and probably heard of Pacquiao in the sportspage. In Africa, Irak or Portugal they all know Ali and Tyson, they don't know Pacquiao, Louis and DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                    Most famous in their time would be either Jack Dempsey or Muhammad Ali (in the United States). For the entire world it would have to be Ali. Jack Dempsey was far more famous in his time than Tyson or Pacquiao or de la Hoya.
                    How old are you grandpa?

cmon Tyson is a mega star, he came when boxing and medias were both at their peak. 20 years later people still talk about him and know about Tyson. Look at the last comments in Tyson's vid in Youtube. This is a good example, that translates his great fame.

Comment

George foreman

Comment

Working...
                      X