No announcement yet.

best southpaw combos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best southpaw combos?

if youre a southpaw whats your favorite combo, or what works best for you whether its a single punch or combo? im trying to add some more weapons to my arsenal and would like to see what other southpaws find works great for them vs otdx fighters

I have to many combinations I like but my favorite one goes as follows: while stepping towards their right I will jab to get their hands up, step in with a short right hook as strong & fast as I can so with the momentum of my hook I pull your hands down and smash the left in.

Comment

thanks more like this

we dont have too many southpaws here i guess

Comment

Yeah not to many southpaws here. Hope that helps. It always lands for me. Another one I love is that I feint for the right and when I see the right coming I step to the left and basically swat/push his right arm as hard as I can to his left so when he's off balance and he basically ends up facing to his complete left and when he trys to look back to reposition himself towards me I throw my right uppercut, left straight and right hook. That usually lands for me too. Don't know if I explained it well but yeah that's another one that I like doing.

Comment

im not southpaw but i no some good combs that work.......shoot a lead left to the body and come up with a right hook it works alot just look at how pac does it....

Comment

I box southpaw but am naturally Right Handed. so i am able to generate alot of Power from my right. so what I love to do is a fast double Jab, Followed by a straight left to the face which generally raises the hands and then i follow that with a very powerful right Hook to the body and then a right uppercut.

so it goes as Follows.
            JAB,JAB, Straight LEFT HAND, RIGHT HOOK to body, RIGHT Uppercut.

I absolutely love it because I feel like in this one combo if executed properly, you can do some serious damage to the Body and Head all in a matter of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
              I box southpaw but am naturally Right Handed. so i am able to generate alot of Power from my right. so what I love to do is a fast double Jab, Followed by a straight left to the face which generally raises the hands and then i follow that with a very powerful right Hook to the body and then a right uppercut.

so it goes as Follows.
              JAB,JAB, Straight LEFT HAND, RIGHT HOOK to body, RIGHT Uppercut.

I absolutely love it because I feel like in this one combo if executed properly, you can do some serious damage to the Body and Head all in a matter of seconds.
              I'm assuming this combo is for someone with reach? Because I can see our feet getting tangled up pretty quick there or Throw the combo while circling to the left quickly to square him up I can definitely see that land. Your right handed southpaw? How does it feel to throw your left? Do you find people circling to your left more common because they feel less power there? I know this guy in my gym is right handed and fights southpaw and does so many exercises to strengthen his left but it's still not the same. His left arm is even bigger than his right. I just go to his left constantly And avoid his right because I feel the difference. If you can do it more power to you just work that left constantly because I've seen so many fighters that had their dominant hand forward become one handed fighters. There are plenty of right handed southpaws out there. Chad Dawson, Hector camacho, Marvin hagler, Paul spadafora, JuanMa Lopez and they're good at it.
              Last edited by {Pito}; 05-30-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
                I'm assuming this combo is for someone with reach? Because I can see our feet getting tangled up pretty quick there or Throw the combo while circling to the left quickly to square him up I can definitely see that land. Your right handed southpaw? How does it feel to throw your left? Do you find people circling to your left more common because they feel less power there? I know this guy in my gym is right handed and fights southpaw and does so many exercises to strengthen his left but it's still not the same. His left arm is even bigger than his right. I just go to his left constantly And avoid his right because I feel the difference. If you can do it more power to you just work that left constantly because I've seen so many fighters that had their dominant hand forward become one handed fighters. There are plenty of right handed southpaws out there. Chad Dawson, Hector camacho, Marvin hagler, Paul spadafora, JuanMa Lopez and they're good at it.
                I actually enjoy this combo up close, So reach isnt a huge necessity imo. Feet Tangling is always an issue for us when we get close But like you said if you are able to square up with the man it will surely land. BUT KEEP THOSE HANDS UP haha.

ALso my left hand is definitely not what it should be and sometimes these guys do notice and wisen up. I'm Shorter(for my weight) and generally are in there with guys who are big (175-220LBS) But i have decent handspeed and I am able to circle these guys easier than a smaller man and that enables me to plant my feet and shell out these shots and get away.
                AM I One handed? At times. But I try and give a lot of different looks to make it work and I also run drills Strictly for my left hand all the time.
                I also Train in an orthodox stance occasionally to try and make my left get off a little more naturally which i find helps alot.
                I Like to think of Myself almost as a WInky Wright=Great jab and Can put punches together but not alot of power in that Left. Now only if my defense could be as good as his hahaha

Comment

As a converted southpaw I tended to favor the jab and right hook. 1-2 right hook, right hook off the jab, double jab right hook to the body right uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    if youre a southpaw whats your favorite combo, or what works best for you whether its a single punch or combo? im trying to add some more weapons to my arsenal and would like to see what other southpaws find works great for them vs otdx fighters
                    straight left (stepping diagonaly to the right )followed by right hook to the head and left uppercut to the body with my right foot stepping forward and than pivot to finish.............
                    ciao

Comment

Working...
                    X