Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that was a good corner stoppage. Didn't even matter anyways. I doubt Brook would've survived the next round. Ref was eventually going to stop it himself. Just speeding up the process.

That round was damn near close to a 10 - 8 round for GGG. Brook wasn't throwing back, he was getting hit with clean punches.

Good showing from Brook, he landed clean punches of his own and stopped GGG at times, solid uppercuts and right hooks, but only in spots. As the fight went on, it was clear that little by little, GGG was breaking Brook down. You could see it in the 3rd and 4th round, GGG was starting to finding Brook and in the 5th, he had him.

Comment

• Wish it would of went a little longer. Ggg looked real bad this fight.

Comment

• Brook was nearing life changing damage if the fight hadn't stopped, he just laid against the ropes with nothing to fire back just absorbing punishment.

Comment

• Brook has a broken eye socket...

He told his corner before the 5th rnd, the corner threw in the towel to save face.

But brook quit in that corner. Kellerman says Roy jones told him before the 5th rnd he saw kell wss going to quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            GG just said to sky that hes not a MW and isnt strong
            GGG is so stupid, he doesn't realize how bad that makes him look. Because the fight I saw. If he were a natural middleweight, he would've f.uck'd GGG's overrated ass up.

Comment

• GGG did what he was supposed to do. Kell Brook showed that Ward would destroy GGG. I mean honestly I think when GGG finally decides to take a risk, he will be tested ( move up in weight) all modern day great chase weights. I really like how it's ok for GGG to eat up the lighter dudes that step up. But when anyone mentions GGG moving up to 168 people scoff. GGG is an HBO cash bag, but I have no doubt he will lose when someone his weight with talent and half the courage of Brook steps in the ring. And that will be good for the sport. Real fans of the sport realize the a loss doesn't define a career. Taking risk does. GGG has not taken any risk. If you can think of one please refresh. Now tonight's fight should be a barn burner.

Comment

• GGG IS HUGE! BoxingScene databases cant even handle him! GGG = BOXING

Comment

• Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                  good stoppage. ggg was fvking him up that round and it was only a matter of time before he got laid out.

ggg is solid fighter but canelo speed will give him lots of trouble if that fight ever happens.

respeck to brook for daring to be great
                  GGG was too wild and slow. Loading up on those lead left hooks, with nothing in front of them, not a good idea. At least put a throw away punch in front of it to freeze the guy in front of you. He would have a lot of trouble with an intelligent boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                    IMO Canelo vs GGG would play out similar although it'd be more competitive. Canelo has very good hand speed just like Brook but he'll get tired like Brook and then GGG would steam roll him. Canelo can't fight at a hight pace for 12 rnds.

As for Brook....Errol Spence is going to KO him in his next fight.
                    Canelo lands the shots Brook did and Golovkin would be in trouble.

This fight is yet more evidence Golovkin isn't that good. Brook was the more skilled fighter, size beat him.

Comment

• Brook proved he's an elite fighter but golovkin has to much strength and power for a fighter jumping up two weights.....golovkin went into hyper mode in the 5th round and there's not much brook could have done to stop the onslaught...basically brook done better that any middleweight fighter triple ggg has faced and showed a lot of ability and were saying golovkin looks beatable now....no way ...there's only one way golovkin gets beat and that's with a monster shot on his chin that he don't see.....because sooner or later he will get to you and break you down....simple as that

Comment

Working...
                      X