Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Snitch Thread: Is it ok to be a rat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister snitched on an old next door neighbour once.

Next door neighbour rented her home out to a load of bums. One bum got kicked out and my sister saw him scale a wall and try and break in. And she grassed him up, lol. I came back from Uni and laughed at her. I call her green-grass to this day.

She had to go to court and everything and made me go with her because she was worried about being such a grass.

I see this guy now and again when I go home. I say hello.

On subject - myself, most my family and friends are in the public sector. I would whistleblow at work if someone was putting someone else in danger. My moral conscience and professional duty says I would have to.

There are levels of snitching. I live in a flat and someone snitched on us for having a house cat. We had to give it away. That is pointless vindictive snitching. If you snitch like that you are the sort of person who would have sold out your Jewish neighbours in Nazi Germany. It just means you are an absolute ****. I know who snitched on us here and I really dislike them.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Is it ok to be a rat?

Absolutely... In any matter which involves crimes against fellow individuals, society and the state... in general...
      But, of course, one doesn't have to be a rat for another criminal organization or 'cause'... which seems to be obvious...

Comment

I do not do witnessing. However DeadLikeMe is right, you gotta be willing to do a little time (or give or take almost 3 years ) if you wanna keep your cred from not snitching.

Comment

I voted never.

But I guess if it's elder or child abuse or child molester, you'd have to right? Same for terrorism.

I guess I could shoot a terrorist and get away with it. Just say it was self defense and he was armed.

Elder or child abuse or molester I'd beat the **** out of them first then call the cops.

Just the other day I heard this kid a couple yards down behind me screaming and crying saying "stop it Danny, that hurts" Danny responds "just stand there and take it". So I starting investigating (peeping through the fences) thinking "If he's molesting him, I'm gonna kick through these fences and go and kick the **** out of this kid while I have my wife calling the cops"

Come to find out it was the kids older brother making him stand there while he kicked soccer balls at him hella hard.

Comment

Young video game playing punks don't have the stones to be a man. Living under mama's roof, playing shooting games, makes me ****ing sick!

I sent my phaggoty nephews to the corps, USMC, because their absentee fathers, and enabling mothers couldn't correct the problem. I passed them to Uncle Sam!

He taught them how to ****!

If Alexkid was my son or nephew, he would be on a bus to 29 palms, reading a pre prepared script.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              My opinion:

If I rob you and you call the police on me. My bad for leaving a witness.

If we agree to stack bodies, get caught and you rat me out, burn in hell.

It is the agreement that is betrayed that makes it snitching. The agreement that is not honored, this is the definition of snitching.

If my neighbors say, it was Z who did it, I ain't even mad.... You feel me. They are civilians and I have no expectation of silence from them.

It is that simple.
              agree 100%

Comment

This depends on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  It's not really just a yes/no question. Whistleblowing for instance isn't necessarily the same as snitching. So it depends on the context.
                  It's absolutely a yes/no question here, take a stance and stick with it.
                  Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Is it ok to be a rat?

Absolutely... In any matter which involves crimes against fellow individuals, society and the state... in general...
                  I disagree with you on that, but I respect your ability to take a stance on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    My opinion:

If I rob you and you call the police on me. My bad for leaving a witness.

If we agree to stack bodies, get caught and you rat me out, burn in hell.

It is the agreement that is betrayed that makes it snitching. The agreement that is not honored, this is the definition of snitching.

If my neighbors say, it was Z who did it, I ain't even mad.... You feel me. They are civilians and I have no expectation of silence from them.

It is that simple.
                    That's actually a great point. I have never thought of it that way before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                      This depends on the situation.
                      Translation: you are a snitch / endorse snitching.

Now, give us the context of why, in your case, and what these situations that allow the eternal code to be broken are.

Comment

Working...
                      X