No announcement yet.

Amir Mansour Facing Former Deontay Wilder Victim, Kelvin Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Mansour Facing Former Deontay Wilder Victim, Kelvin Price

Amir Mansour has a fight lined up on 14th Dec with Kelvin Price, the boxer Wilder KOd in 3 rounds last December. Wilder was Price's only defeat in 15 fights and the tough contest against Mansour is part of the next step of his comeback trail. For Mansour, Price is a useful measuring stick to gauge his level compared to Wilder, although of course styles make fights.

Kelvin Price beat an old Danny Williams by points in his last fight - the same Williams who once stopped an unmotivated Mike Tyson in a huge upset. Amir Mansour's last outing saw him beat mediocre veteran Maurice Harris in a 12 round fight by wide unanimous decision. Although the fight was a good learning experience for Mansour he was unable to KO Harris in the 12 rounds, a man who had been knocked out 11 times previously in his 47 fights.

I hear Mansour was very ill for that fight and only weighed 205lbs on fight night.

I fully expect him to obliterate Kelvin Price

Shame his lifes been so troubled and time is against him. I've been very impressed by him albeit against less than stellar opposition.

Comment

Mansour appears a hard puncher but at his age I doubt he will get to the next level. I have the Harris fight and to me he has a long way to go. Price should be perfect for him.

Comment

Working...
      X