Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we b offended: No more Pac/Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I judge a how I feel about a fight on this. Would I feel disappointed watching the replay a week later? I love to watch Marquez fight anyone but this 5th fight I won't be as excited about. I could wait for sure.

Comment

If there is a fifth fight I am sure it will make lots of money and I would like to see a 5th fight. I cant speak for anyone else. The fans were supposed to be tired of them fighting going into the fourth fight but the fight was a big seller.

Comment

Originally posted by jerseynumber13 View Post
        Is Bob Arum playing us to be dummies? Does he think we will continue to be forced fed watching the same two warriors go at it time and time again. Yes, the make good fights, but Damn, its time to see other matchups... Am I the only one thinking this?
        Better than watching Floyd fight old has beens or little guys who call him out

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Better than watching Floyd fight old has beens or little guys who call him out
          The irony from a chearleader who just cheared for a fighter who just got KTFO by a old light weight who was made to move up

Comment

Marquez closed the series out in the 4th fight. From this point forward it is all about money.

My biggest concern is that Marquez finally accomplished what he had been working towards for the past two years of his life. Will he have the same level of motivation going into the 5th fight as he did for the 3rd and the 4th? Especially considering he's contemplating retirement.

Comment

Pac/Marquez 5 might not serve a purpose from a greater perspective, but the fight definitely means something to Pacquiao. If there were two less fights in the series, everyone would be asking for a rematch off the strength of #4. If #5 was actually #3, we would be begging for it.

It's the same reason fans go back to every franchise/series/rivalry from other mediums. The foundation has already been laid, we know what to expect from these two fighters, but the sequels have never been exactly the same. The fact that they have so much history is what makes the match-up so compelling. Although I'd rather them not fight again, there's still a part of me that is emotionally attached and would like to see what could materialize from a 5th encounter.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              That says it all.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

So great and if Pac wins the 5th do we have a 6th fight because it will mean something to JMM? When does it end?

4 times was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                  So great and if Pac wins the 5th do we have a 6th fight because it will mean something to JMM? When does it end?

4 times was enough.
                  Marquez just wrote the final chapter, and he doesn't need to give Pac a chance to write the next one. What choice will he make?

Hypothetically, if Pac KO's Marquez in the 5th, there would be some demand for a 6th. If Marquez KO's Pac again, the 6th goes out the window. It seems like this rivalry will completely end when one guy has decisively beaten the other in consecutive fights or if one guy decides to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    The irony from a chearleader who just cheared for a fighter who just got KTFO by a old light weight who was made to move up
                    Actually I was going for Marquez you know got to go with my Latin brother

Comment

A friend of mine is the definition of a "casual fan" and he voted for Pacquiao Marquez V when I asked him what about Floyd/Sergio he said who is Sergio? so For me those polls are simply Pac fans who cant accept this defeat.

Now i was a huge fan of the 4th fightcause i felt JMM was robbed in the 3rd but a 5th fight is worthless. JMM claimed his rightful crown and there was no controversy so for me there is no need.

Comment

Working...
                      X