Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why A Rematch Between Danny Garcia and Amir Khan Should NOT Be Made.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

explain how dudes are hyping up Garcia?!?...just because nobody thinks much of Rios when it comes to putting him against Garcia?...just because dudes believe he can KO a dude he already KO'd if they meet again?!?...is it because dudes don't think Lucas would beat him?....what about those other cats?!?...Rios and Lucas....are they not whaty you call hyped fighters?

Comment

Garcia should get past Judah, which I think he will, the in my mind the next in line are Matthysse and Rios. Khan surely has to be behind these guys?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        Later down the road yes but now it should be Judah, Mathysse and Rios in that order. After that a fight with Khan could be made.
        Khan isn't deserving of a rematch yet when this is one of the most stacked divisions in boxing. Did Morales deserve a rematch? Hell naw, but it was in the contract. Matthysse definitely takes priority over Khan at this stage, as would Brandon Rios, or JMM (though good luck making either of those fights happen). I wouldn't even mind seeing Adrien Broner, or Marcos Maidana mixing it up with Garcia on the condition he takes care of business against Matthysse first which would be no easy task. And let's all not sleep on Judah, he gave Matthysse a good fight and has quick hands which is what was troubling Garcia in the first two 1/2 rounds against Khan. Khan needs to go back to the drawing board and take on title eliminators, not only if he wants to get a title shot, but if he wants to become a more well-rounded fighter. Not to say he's ducked opponents, because he certainly hasn't—he's learned the hard way what not ducking can do—but clearly his defense and chin are deficiencies and he needs many more rounds to work on defensive techniques with his new trainer before he can rematch a guy who's already knocked him out.
        Once he beats Josesito Lopez, he can target Khabib Allahkherdiev who I think is the WBC interim champ under Garcia (and best of all for Khan's sake, he doesn't hit hard!) Then one fight with a puncher to see if he can handle Garcia's best stuff, maybe like a Maidana rematch, and he's back in the mix. Three fights in 2013 and a title shot in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          explain how dudes are hyping up Garcia?!?...just because nobody thinks much of Rios when it comes to putting him against Garcia?...just because dudes believe he can KO a dude he already KO'd if they meet again?!?...is it because dudes don't think Lucas would beat him?....what about those other cats?!?...Rios and Lucas....are they not whaty you call hyped fighters?
          i for one think garcia's power is no joke. he does has some counter punching abilities and his power is no joke, garcia climbed the ranks using his skill and power and not because of hype. matthysse is not a hyped fighter, he has a record that speaks for itself, plus the guy has the highest ko ratio in and around the division

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            yea i never understand that

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              You guys over inflating Garcia are going to be in for a bump when the game is over and he's brutally exposed
              I would back Khan to beat him in a rematch and you guys better give me big odds with how you think Khan isn't even worthy of a rematch. Garcia is ****, I can't believe the hype that's running away with him for his last 2 wins, considering Khan is "****" and Morales way past prime and in early retirement.
              Garcia is overrated.

That being said, Khan can definitely beat him in a rematch, but he's gonna have to fight smart. And judging by his last couple fights, he would have a hard time changing his approach and that would likely get him knocked out by Garcia again.

Comment

Khan needs to have one good performance against a good opponent and then he can have his rematch, until then i dont see the point

Comment

I think Garcia needs to fight Matthyse after he beats the has been Judah. Matthyse v Khan could be made for mid 2013, while Khan gets 2 more fights under his belt. Then finish the year off with Khan v Garcia 2, as long as Khan carries on winning. Just because you think a guy will beat another guy, possibly by KO, doesn't mean the fight shouldn't happen.

Heck, I don't think Garcia wants any of Matthyse or Rios, so a Khan fight makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                    I think Garcia needs to fight Matthyse after he beats the has been Judah. Matthyse v Khan could be made for mid 2013, while Khan gets 2 more fights under his belt. Then finish the year off with Khan v Garcia 2, as long as Khan carries on winning. Just because you think a guy will beat another guy, possibly by KO, doesn't mean the fight shouldn't happen.

Heck, I don't think Garcia wants any of Matthyse or Rios, so a Khan fight makes perfect sense.
                    Garcia will fight Khan before he ever gets in the ring with Lucas, simply because his big payday could be ruined by Lucas..

Khan offers the biggest payday for Garcia at 140 as it stands, so Lucas will have to wait, sadly

The winner of Khan vs Garcia will end up fighting Lucas, i have no doubt about that though

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Garcia will fight Khan before he ever gets in the ring with Lucas, simply because his big payday could be ruined by Lucas..

Khan offers the biggest payday for Garcia at 140 as it stands, so Lucas will have to wait, sadly

The winner of Khan vs Garcia will end up fighting Lucas, i have no doubt about that though
                      I couldn't agree more, Lucas will get his shot at the big time, he just has to be patient and keep winning. Lucas/Rios could be great!!

Comment

Working...
                      X