Floyd Mayweather - A Rude Awakening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather - A Rude Awakening

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
    Legends do legendary things and don't make excuses about why he can't fight this guy or that guy.

Floyd is not a legend. A highly skilled fighter with a carefully crafted career, but hes not legendary. You save that for fighters who do extraordinary things even in the face of adversity.

Floyd does his best to avoid the adversity at all costs.

I'm sorry to say but boxers in todays times are far more technical & conditioned better then boxers from the past era IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
      I'm sorry to say but boxers in todays times are far more technical & conditioned better then boxers from the past era IMO.

That is easily debatable.

Comment

Imagine if fighters back then didn't have to pace themselves for 15 rounds. In fact, Ali would go 15 rounds on very high activity, so I'm gonna strongly disagree with you.

Comment

agreed.......

science has helped people gain a better understanding of the human body and how to condition it as time has passed

Comment

that depends how far back u go. guys like dempsey, jack johnson, langford, greb, benny leonard, joe gans etc.. all greats in their time but if they acctually fought modern fighters they would lose badly imo.

but a guy like ray leonard who fought in the 80's? hell no. fighters today dont hold any advantages over fighters back then, or infact they do.. but its the wrong type of advantage that only makes them softer rather than better.

leonard is better than both mayweather and pacquiao, so is hearns, benitez, hagler, duran, mccallum and some other fighters from that era. then again that was the best era for those weights, and not the best weight for floyd and pac. but still.

Comment

Floyd is an ATG and so is SRL.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                that depends how far back u go. guys like dempsey, jack johnson, langford, greb, benny leonard, joe gans etc.. all greats in their time but if they acctually fought modern fighters they would lose badly imo.

but a guy like ray leonard who fought in the 80's? hell no. fighters today dont hold any advantages over fighters back then, or infact they do.. but its the wrong type of advantage that only makes them softer rather than better.

leonard is better than both mayweather and pacquiao, so is hearns, benitez, hagler, duran, mccallum and some other fighters from that era. then again that was the best era for those weights, and not the best weight for floyd and pac. but still.

I'm talking Sugar Robinsons & Muhammad Ali's era.

Comment

I'm talking Sugar Robinsons & Muhammad Ali's era.
                  well they would also beat anyone in todays era, very easily.

Comment

I even think defensively & offensively boxing has evolved since Robinsons & Ali's era.

Boxers back then were more specialized on 1 aspect of their game, where as now boxers up & coming are more complete with all aspects of boxing skills.

I think boxers are more cleverer in the ring in todays time then the past.

Comment

Working...
                    X