the cure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORc5Td_T6og

the smiths
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AlH2oYedfk
    a. the cure
    57.69%
    b. the smiths
    42.31%

The Cure are great but the Smiths were seminal.

Comment

So far I'm the only one who voted for the Cure.

Comment

I was looking for a job and then i found a job.

Comment

The Smiths.

Comment

Oh man, Smiths were atrocious. Morrisey? What a ****! Apologies to any Smiths fans.

My brother was huge Cure fan (he followed them around on tour and kicked it with them a lot back in the 80's) but they kinda drove me crazy when we were growing up. Still, they were (or were) an OK band I guess.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Is this a serious question?

The Smiths are one of a kind, what a band.

Comment

I think it all depends on your mood at the moment. I believe that both groups are far more superior than so many before them and since. The Cure has lasted and stayed musically fresh for so long, obviously with the help of personnel changes.

But I have to lean toward the Smiths because of their phenomenal talent and perfectly balanced lineup. Their music is timeless. I never get tired of dissecting their works, Marr's complexity and smoothness on guitar, Joyce' rockabilly and all-over-the-place drum style, Roarke's unmatchable bass lines, and of course the lyrical content from Morrissey and his not-quite-on-key vocal style that sears itself forever in your can't-get-enough brain.

Comment

There isn't a massive gap between the 4 Smiths albums and the 4 best Cure albums, but the Cure have released a lot of stuff that I didn't really enjoy.

I rate almost every song on every Smiths album as either great or very good. IMO the same is not true of The Cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    There isn't a massive gap between the 4 Smiths albums and the 4 best Cure albums, but the Cure have released a lot of stuff that I didn't really enjoy.

I rate almost every song on every Smiths album as either great or very good. IMO the same is not true of The Cure.
                    You've hit the nail on the head there.

Went to see The Cure last year at Wembley arena, they were quality but a 3 1/2 hour set is too brutal for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X