Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a top prospect turning pro, pick your whole team!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    Abner Mares? Considering you did say star and not a mega super star.
    I don't think Mares made it to "star level"

A Star should be doing around a million views every time they are on TV and headlining

I actually like Mares and he had the talent but he wasn't promoted right and got exposed

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      I noticed that everyone who picked Al Haymon as manager wants easy fights and doesn't want to prove that there the best

I'm cut from a different cloth
      How many professional fights have you had? Since you're cut from a different cloth, surely you have taken a crack at proving you're the best.

Comment

Manager: Al Haymen

Trainer: Robert Garcia/Virgil Hunter

Promoter: Frank Warren for a start then Golden Boy Promotions.

Network: HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          How many professional fights have you had? Since you're cut from a different cloth, surely you have taken a crack at proving you're the best.
          This thread says "IF you were a top prospect"

If you were a top prospect than you already have the will and drive to prove you're the best

I can tell reading isn't your strongest subject which is why you and Floyd's library cards are expired and why you both would need Al Haymon

Comment

This thread says "IF you were a top prospect"

If you were a top prospect than you already have the will and drive to prove you're the best

I can tell reading isn't your strongest subject which is why you and Floyd's library cards are expired and why you both would need Al Haymon
            You are missing the point. You're arguing that you're cut from a different cloth; that money doesn't matter in the face of proving you are the best. If that's the case, why haven't you tested yourself in the ring? If the amount of money isn't an issue for you, why haven't you made the smallest step?

You might not be a top prospect, but that's what match making is for. Go out there and prove how good you are. Who cares about whether or not you will earn enough to pay your rent; you will have stepped in the ring.

Comment

Promoter, Main Events. I'm not sure I could trust the others.
              Manager, Barry McGuigan. Carl Frampton's manager.
              Robert Garcia would be trainer, he's in the groove right now.
              Network: Sky, they would hype me the moon before I won a big fight

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Promoter, Main Events. I'm not sure I could trust the others.
                Manager, Barry McGuigan. Carl Frampton's manager.
                Robert Garcia would be trainer, he's in the groove right now.
                Network: Sky, they would hype me the moon before I won a big fight
                Years down the line Crawford would hit you with a check hook starting your downwards spiral into a life of coke and cheap skanks.

Comment

Manager: Al Haymon

Trainer: Freddie Roach

Promoter: GBP
                  Network: HBO

Comment

I noticed that everyone who picked Al Haymon as manager wants easy fights and doesn't want to prove that there the best

I'm cut from a different cloth

Manager: BHop said that when he retires hes gonna be a advisor/manager and hes seen it all in the sport. I would trust him 100%

Trainer: Freddie Roach. Best trainer hands down in the sport. Very rarely does one of his fighters get completely shut out against a opponent like Robert Garcia's fighters. (I don't count the JCC Jr vs Martinez fight cuz that was all JCC Jr's fault) Also the best sparring around.

Promoter: Top Rank knows how to build the biggest stars. GBP still hasn't done it once yet. And when someone asked Tim Bradley why he signed with Top Rank when he was a free agent, he said "Top Rank pays the best."

Network: HBO and its not even close. SHO isn't credible when it comes to boxing. All Access is a sham. They have a MMA guy and a high pitched -feather fisted egomaniac doing their commentary. They refuse to release PPV numbers. They don't let fans text or tweet who they think won the fight. Its stone age compared to HBO
                    i said al haymon without really thinking, i just thought of the money these ****s get while fighting journeymen(think andre berto)

i like your choices, and agree, freddie roach is the best trainer there is today

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      You are missing the point. You're arguing that you're cut from a different cloth; that money doesn't matter in the face of proving you are the best. If that's the case, why haven't you tested yourself in the ring? If the amount of money isn't an issue for you, why haven't you made the smallest step?

You might not be a top prospect, but that's what match making is for. Go out there and prove how good you are. Who cares about whether or not you will earn enough to pay your rent; you will have stepped in the ring.
                      Actually you're the one missing the point

When I say "I'm cut from a different cloth" thats part of my philosophy on life

Its like the music industy. Art and commerce are connected. Do you want to make crappy overproduced songs (Beiber, Taylor Swift, etc) that sells or do you want to make the music you really want that won't sell as much?

I would chose to make music the way I want to make it because I ain't no sell out. If you don't stand for something than you'll fall for everything.

Lets go back to the topic that OP posted and say I was a top prospect. What would be the most important things that I would want to accomplish in my career? My answer would be Legacy and Money. Besides Floyd, who has he done that for? No one. And Floyd's legacy and money are both questionable imo

Comment

Working...
                      X