No announcement yet.

Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

Mickey Vann: Wladimir Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Floyd Mayweather’s

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/wlad...d-mayweathers/

If we consider Floyd Mayweather, a very intelligent boxer, as one of the greatest of modern times then we must also give Wladimir Klitschko, who has ruled at heavyweight for many years, at least the same credit.

Unlike Mayweather he hasn’t moved up and down in weight, nor has he fought exclusively on home turf. He has fought many times in America – as well as Germany – while he’s also fought in Switzerland and Russia. Lamon Brewster beat him in Germany eleven years ago, as did Corrie Saunders before that. He has had 67 fights and only lost three of those; the metal toughness exhibited to come back from defeat and prove himself time and again is something Mayweather has not done. And like Mayweather, Klitschko makes special fighters look ordinary.

Perhaps Mayweather is the slicker fighter, but Klitschko’s place in history should be regarded as highly, if not higher. Very few champions – Floyd included – have dominated their divisions like Wladimir. If one of my sons asked me who he should use as a role model between Floyd (rarely boxed out of Las Vegas) Mayweather and Wladimir Klitschko it is a no-brainer.

It looks like Klitschko’s fight with Tyson Fury will now take place on November 28. I don’t for one minute think his injury that caused the postponement is in any way a smoke screen, but I do believe the Klitschko camp are apprehensive, and I think this has been the case ever since the fight was announced.

I understand that the Klitschko team insisted on a return clause in the contract and the return to be in Germany before the contracts would be signed – this for me is not the actions of a team full of confidence.

However, credit to the fighter for taking on Fury in the first place and yet again fighting the best he could; this could not always be said of Mayweather.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 10-12-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Mayweather was greater at super feather than vlad is right now at heavyweight. There's levels of ******ation...

Comment

Comment

There is something to be said about a guy who not only travels but faces any threat to him in their prime ..Lets combine the fact that Wlad is not a PED cheat like Floyd ..

Comment

Germany is klitschkos home turf

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              Germany is klitschkos home turf
              Jennings /Klitchko took place at MSG is that in Germany ?

Comment

Micky Vann?

So, he's still butt hurt about Hatton getting KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                  There is something to be said about a guy who not only travels but faces any threat to him in their prime ..Lets combine the fact that Wlad is not a PED cheat like Floyd ..
                  U can break it down, analyze it all u want, vlad is not greater than floyd and anyone who even believes ao literally either is straight up hating or they literally know nothing about boxing within the last 20 years. Cosigning stupidity makes u look well...stupid.

Comment

They'll both have a bit of a notorious spot in history, and I think they'll be regarded equally. Both criticized for gaming and mitigating actual combat. IMO, Wlad gets far less credit than he should, from the p4ps and from American fans. But, the Mayweather mystique is rapidly thinning and I don't see people remembering him as kindly as greats from other eras.

Comment

Working...
                    X