Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't believe some people think Khan will beat Peterson in a rematch. Utter BS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    it was a super close fight and you think its impossible? really?
    Khan was fortunate Peterson didn't bring his A game.

If Peterson shows a little more head movement and more use of the jab. This rematch is his in the bag. He should win by KO. I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

Comment

I can see Khan winning the next fight as a decent possibility for sure! The first fight was extremely close, even with the point deductions due to Khan's illegal activities in the fight. Don't know how someone can discount the possibility of Khan winning

Comment

Because he can fight just well enough compared to the first fight, while I'm not sure how much better Peterson can fight this time around. I expect basically the same fight, except Peterson will go right at Khan from the opening bell this time, and this time the scores won't go Peterson's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
          I struggle to understand how someone can go from getting knocked out a few fights ago to taking bombs from a middleweight. It just baffles me in all honesty.
          Lol i take it you read that fighthype article? He said he was sparring middleweights, not taking bombs from them.

In sparring protective equipment is usually worn and you don't go all out throwing bombs

... And if you're trying to hint at PEDs, Khan gets tested

Comment

If Peterson shows a little more head movement and more use of the jab. This rematch is his in the bag. He should win by KO. I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

interesting...i thought that WAS his A game and he was very fortunate

im expecting Khan to win with a decent points margin in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
              Both guys have a chance to win, i think Khan wins in May because he's the better boxer and provided he makes some adjustments (like not sitting on the ropes absorbing shots) he should take it. Plus we're not in DC

Going to bump this after the fight
              at Khan being able to make adjustments. I don't think you watched the first fight at all.

Peterson tried to box Khan in the opening round. Struggled. Quickly made the adjustment to Plan B, and beat Khan's brakes off for the remaining rounds. Khan had no answer for Peterson's new offense, other than to work harder. Khan can't adjust. He should change his trainer.

Comment

Now I favor Peterson to win the fight, slightly. But what your saying is kind of peculiar. "Khan was fortunate Peterson didn't bring his A game." So would you say in the last fight that, that was KHAN'S "A" game?
                I don't think it was. I expect both fighters to fight even better than in the last match, which is exciting for us viewers, as the first fight was great!

Comment

at Khan being able to make adjustments. I don't think you watched the first fight at all.

Peterson tried to box Khan in the opening round. Struggled. Quickly made the adjustment to Plan B, and beat Khan's brakes off for the remaining rounds. Khan had no answer for Peterson's new offense, other than to work harder. Khan can't adjust. He should change his trainer.
                  He didn't really beat his brakes off though did he.

It was a close fight.

And to be honest the only reason it was close was because of the point deductions.

Without them, Khan won by a clear margin.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    interesting...i thought that WAS his A game and he was very fortunate

im expecting Khan to win with a decent points margin in the rematch
                    That's certainly the best I've seen Peterson at that level.

I feel the same way you do.

I won't rule Peterson out because he showed he does bring things to the table than Khan struggles with but I expect Khan to win.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He didn't really beat his brakes off though did he.

It was a close fight.

And to be honest the only reason it was close was because of the point deductions.

Without them, Khan won by a clear margin.
                      But then again, if Khan wasn't pushing so much, Peterson would have beaten him to the body much more. Tiring him even more and possible KO at the end of it. See... so let's not bring "what if" factors into the situation, because there could have been a lot of different endings "If that happened" or "this happened". Peterson won. He'll win again in the rematch. And that's the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X