Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of ducks bigger than Canela's of GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
    Kovalev is a way riskier fight for Ward than GGG.
    I don't disagree the Kovalev fight is risky, I don't think I can put one over the other though.

I do think the Kovalev fight is more realistic in happening.

I think both Kovalev and GGG are massive threats to Ward, which is why it's so frustrating that he doesn't just sack up and face them both in the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      emanuel stewart mentioned it buddy hamed was shook

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        Mayweather/Pac both ducked each other for 5 years. Both in the same division, in their primes, huge superstars (bigger than Canelo and 97K atleast), beating common opponents, and would've been a more exciting fight than the dud we got.

Whoever thinks that this two week "duck" is worse is a friggen moron.
        None of those guys forfeited a belt to the other guy though

Comment

Greatest Duck in history of boxing that involves a mexican.......damnnnnnnnnn
          What a shame for Mexico, I wont be shock if the nation will persona non grata this diva

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Interesting stuff,, thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I think they ducked each other.
              Very true.......

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                I don't disagree the Kovalev fight is risky, I don't think I can put one over the other though.

I do think the Kovalev fight is more realistic in happening.

I think both Kovalev and GGG are massive threats to Ward, which is why it's so frustrating that he doesn't just sack up and face them both in the same year.
                Ward-Kovalev is happening, you can bet on it. And I'm happy with that. You don't duck one huge threat to fight a possibly bigger threat. There were obviously other elements in play with the GGG-Ward negotiations.

Comment

The word "ducked" is thrown around way too casually on here. A duck is a fighter, his team and promotions completely avoiding an available and profitable fight. In most of the cases you guys mentioned, there were snags in contract negotiations and fight stipulations. Neither Mayweather nor Pac ducked eachother. I'm pretty sure both guys were fully confident in a victory over the other. But politics came into play as they do with a lot of situations.

Comment

1. Floyd ducking prime Pac
                    2. Canela ducking GGG
                    3. Bowe ducking Lennox
                    4. Frampton ducking Rigo
                    5. Stevenson ducking Kovalev

honorable mention: Kazuto Ioka ducking Roman Gonzalez at Lt Flyweight
                    (Ioka's camp actually paid Gonzalez $30,000 for the duck fee)

honorable mention2: Koki Kameda ducking Anselmo Moreno
                    (Kameda vacated the title and moved DOWN to Super Flyweight)

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      None of those guys forfeited a belt to the other guy though
                      No they forfeited their balls and man hood for excuses to not fight.

And to them belts and deadlines didn't matter. Pac was ranked #1 by the WBC for the longest and never got deadlines or forced into fighting Mayweather.

WeBeCorrupt never enforced a damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X