Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto better not make the mistake DLH made....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto better not make the mistake DLH made....

Which is "overtrain".
    Think about it....DLH was already in the 145lbs-142lbs range with about 2 weeks to go. That means DLH would be re-hydrating to what after cutting weight?
    Cotto has put in an extra 4 weeks of training for this fight correct? Anyone know what weight he is at now? For Cotto to keep his "size/ strength" advantage...he SHOULD be around the 152lbs-158lbs range. That way...when Cotto cuts the weight...he'll re-hydrate back up to around 160lbs. If Cotto comes into the ring come fight night at anything LESS than 158lbs......his "size/strength" advantage will have disappeared.

My loyalty is not to any one fighter in this match....but if Cotto doesn't keep his "advantages"....he'll be in for a long night. My prediction....Pacquiao via late round stoppage (10th round). Anyone want to take me for my points....msg. me

DISCUSS!

agreed, cotto needs to use his size advantage not disregard them

Comment

Wassup Pull...wasn't that you that had the sig of Cotto/Urkal with fight night stats? Cotto was at 159lbs that night right?

Comment

Excuse, Excuse, Excuse ....... J/K.

Comment

Someone told me something interesting......and it goes along with the HBO interview with Max/Cotto and Pac.....During Cotto's part of the interview....he stated that he would be waiting for "Manny to make a mistake and he would take advantage of any mistakes made" (I haven't watched it myself)....but yet the same guy told me that if Manny doesn't make a mistake...where would that leave Cotto? Manny is the type of fighter to attack his opponents weakness. (Offensive fighter right?) Cotto isn't exactly a Marquez caliber Counter-Puncher either....if Manny executes the gameplan to a tee.......

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
            Wassup Pull...wasn't that you that had the sig of Cotto/Urkal with fight night stats? Cotto was at 159lbs that night right?
            yeah, but i ditched it.

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
            Someone told me something interesting......and it goes along with the HBO interview with Max/Cotto and Pac.....During Cotto's part of the interview....he stated that he would be waiting for "Manny to make a mistake and he would take advantage of any mistakes made" (I haven't watched it myself)....but yet the same guy told me that if Manny doesn't make a mistake...where would that leave Cotto? Manny is the type of fighter to attack his opponents weakness. (Offensive fighter right?) Cotto isn't exactly a Marquez caliber Counter-Puncher either....if Manny executes the gameplan to a tee.......
            pac is offensive, so that leaves him open to get punched.

Comment

TBH Cotto should be as light as he can, he will be bigger by a lot regardless, he needs to work on speed, because Clottey made Cotto look ****in slow.

Comment

Cotto's never been known to overtrain, he always comes in shape.

Oscar losing didn't have to do with him just over training more than him overall not being a quarter of the fighter he used to be. Looked out of shape, no instincts, no activity, no clue.

Cotto is far beyond what De La Hoya was last December.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  TBH Cotto should be as light as he can, he will be bigger by a lot regardless, he needs to work on speed, because Clottey made Cotto look ****in slow.
                  cotto will never get close to pac's speed. that's not his advantage. his advantage is his size and strength.

that's like the vikings going to greenbay and not giving the ball to peterson.

Comment

cotto looks on his norm (based on latest video) 155-159 lbs. so no, i don't see him being weight-drained. or he might choose to do a mayweather during weigh-in

Comment

Working...
                    X